EAGLE LARRY34.69%
CAPT DOUG69.38%
STORMCHASER710.94%
REEL ESCAPE11.56%

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Place your choice the 5 top go to a final vote Jan.5th
Voting closes Jan.4 @ midnight. Voting starts Jan. 5th soon as I get it up in the morning.

Good luck men

h2o

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
I'm not voting because of what I just posted in another thread.

I don't think anyone here should be held higher than the rest. Any member that comes here and constructively contributes to this site by helping fellow fishermen with their quest for success should be considered a winner.

801 Posts
QUOTE(CaptDoug @ Jan 1 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm not voting because of what I just posted in another thread.

I don't think anyone here should be held higher than the rest. Any member that comes here and constructively contributes to this site by helping fellow fishermen with their quest for success should be considered a winner.

I'll second that !

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
QUOTE(CaptDoug @ Jan 1 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm not voting because of what I just posted in another thread.

X3

that`s why I joined LSCN

But that`s the freedom of the web I guess?

P.S.
h2o, your name is not listed above when you were nominated for the vote. Why?

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't feel I deserve to run on this as I only fished 5 times all year due to personal family circumstance's.

I opt. out but thank you every so much for the nomination RK. I sent you a P.M. with explanation.

I just wish the mods would of stopped the anger by deleting some of those threads that turned this nice gesture into a circus. I'll never understand why they didn't clean it up.

Deleting junk and not just closing the post. But that's what I think.

h2o

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Oh well might as well try. I won't be around for many more votes.

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
2,212 Posts
When I nominated myself, that was before I realized BASSTEC already had, I did it knowing I did not stand a chance of winning but I thought it would be fun to participate. I do agree with what Capt. Doug says about anyone that comes on this site and helps others with their quest for success are winners I beleive that wholeheartedly. I don't think that having a AOTY is holding anybody above anyone else it's just reconizing someone that has had a great year of fishing and that has contrubuted a great deal of effort to help others to have a great season by giving great reports, unselfishly sharing information, and taking members fishing that other wise would not get out on the lake etc.. I don't feel that the LSCN AOTY is someone that necessarily catchs the most or the biggest fish but someone that has shown themselves to be a great role model of what the sport of fishing should be about as well as what this site should be about. If a member has gone above and beyond to be that angler and role model they should be reconized. If nothing else but to show the younger generation of anglers that this is what the sport of fishing is all about. We are not pro fisherman fishing on the pro circuit earning points to win a fat check and a AOTY award. Most of us are weekend fisherman that enjoy what we do and we share it with others and being awarded for doing a good job would be a way to get others to follow suit making them better sportsman and fisherman.When I found out BASSTEC nominated me it made me feel great that a fisherman of his caliber could see me in a way that others see him and that let me know that I must be doing something right. BASSTEC is a great multi-species fisherman, a great role model for the sport of fishing and of this site. I hope he goes on to win it and I applaud him for his efforts to others he deserves to win it.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Jan 2 2010, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now if it was a fifty year vote I would run. LOL

If it was a fifty year vote no one else would be nominated
C-ya at the show, Bob.

People need to lighten up. Everyone on the ballot is worthy along with many others. I guess this was h2o`s way of breaking the monotony of the winter season. Nothing wrong with that. It`s only been a month since the open water was here and folks are already tense. Get to the Ultimate Fishing Show and unwind a bit.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(h2o @ Jan 1 2010, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't feel I deserve to run on this as I only fished 5 times all year due to personal family circumstance's.

I opt. out but thank you every so much for the nomination RK. I sent you a P.M. with explanation.

I just wish the mods would of stopped the anger by deleting some of those threads that turned this nice gesture into a circus. I'll never understand why they didn't clean it up.

h2o

Sorry with the holiday I could not even log on yesterday, i spent the whole day with my family.and nothing was reported, so I didn't recieve an e-mail. I will check around today.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Jan 2 2010, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(h2o @ Jan 1 2010, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't feel I deserve to run on this as I only fished 5 times all year due to personal family circumstance's.

h2o

Sorry with the holiday I could not even log on yesterday, i spent the whole day with my family.and nothing was reported, so I didn't recieve an e-mail. I will check around today.

Yeah, and I've been logging in on my iPhone for the last week or so, not being home. So I really can't just paruse the boards combing every thread looking for stuff to delete and lock. I've spent about ten minutes a day on here the last week. We can't catch everything that goes on here, and we rely on reported posts to alert us. Contrary to what we're often accused of, we don't hover on the boards waiting and looking for posts to delete. We can't be everywhere and catch everything.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Good luck men.

h2o

801 Posts
Dont take my posts negativeley h20 I just think we have alot of equaly talented and great members so why try to single one out and for just one of a few examples of what I mean, a Bassmaster Elite pro and very dominating musky guide was left out of the vote and he helps and posts alot of good reports, pics, info and tips.

its not that I think your intent is bad just my .02

happy voting and may the best person win

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
C/B bro this is the first LSCN / AOTY I'm only trying to help not harm and I don't get upset over reading. Your entiled like anyone to opinion. Just wish you posted more this year as you certainly would be a canidate.

It just adds a sparkle to LSCN. There is always next year and more will know of this Award. We have to start somewhere and this is the spawn brother.
Lets hope more will go after it in 2010 and this can only make for a good reward. I know so many deserve the award and they know who they are by there reputation. But only one stands alone in the Quest for LSCN / AOTY. Their voted on by there members and that makes it fair.

There is a surprise waiting the winner. All in due time my friend.

h2o

·
Registered
701 Posts
C/B, were you refering to DRP? I just have a bad feeling about this thing for some reason, i can't put my finger on it though!I can't help but to feel like i am in 8th grade again lol. Good luck tek and thanx again for the crankin tips! HOGZILLA'S eat'um.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.