Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
The Saginaw Bay Open Bass Tournament is running out of Au Gres again this year. The Date is Sunday June 13, 2010. Team event 6 fish $150 includes big bass and largemouth big bass bounty. 1st $1,000 Guaranteed, Big Bass $500 Guaranteed $150 Largemouth Big Bass Bounty. Great fishing, great payout before St. Clair opens. Web site has flier and rules, saginawbaybass dot com
Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Freek @ Jan 30 2010, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>High sky, no wind and clear water= HUGE SACKS!!! 30lb+ maby just maby?

A few of our teams were talking 29lbs for 6 fish last year. The wind blew 20+ out of the north east, so it really made it hard to fish. By holding it a week later this year, we're hoping to avoid the wind. Last year the the last 3 weeks of june were flat calm. I'm hoping with the $500 guranteed big bass, someone will take the time to find a giant. The bay holds fish well into the 7lb class (talk to the walleye guys
) but they are very hard to come by outside of the fall. Even if you don't know the bay well, the $500 big bass will pay for your trip with one lucky fish. Also anyone unfamilar or concerned with running the bay, just let me know and I'll mark up a map and let you know how to fish the bay safely. Every year we pick up a few new teams that have never fished the bay, some of the best smallmouth fishing in the state.
-Matt

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE(Mexque @ Feb 3 2010, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't know I'll check with Jon, even if you could you could only weigh 5 fish and it's a 6 fish limit.
-Matt

This is a team event. For safety and integrity of the anglers we made it a six fish limit and a team format. Please bring a friend. THANKS!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Matt, KMR Lure would be happy to help your tournament out with some product to hand out to the folks that fish your event. If this is something you are interested in please feel free to give me a call. Ü
Joe Rummelt
KMR Lure
231-689-0992

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Joe,
Sounds good, you have actualy been dealing with our director Jon on some other stuff. Talked to Jon he will be in contact with you to work out the details.
Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(dman @ Apr 20 2010, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So how many entries are you up to??? Also who else from here is planning on fishing this event???
I think we have somewhere in the 10-12 range paid so far, will have to check with Jon. We also have another 10-15 boats that have told us they plan on fishing. With good weather I'd expect 20-30 boats, should be good payouts. Last year we had 13 boats with 6 backing out due to the bad weather, we had 4-6 footers last year. Also a few guys have asked, we have trophies for the first place winners and big bass this year.
-Matt

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We added a few option pots for the tournament, the rules are below...

2010 Saginaw Bay Open Bonus Pot Rules
100% Bonus Pot Payback Join all 3 for $20 per team

Bonus Pot- $10 Team Entry
100% of the Bonus Pot entries will awarded to the highest finishing team participating in the bonus pot.

6 Pounder Bonus Pot- $5 Team Entry
The pot will start with a balance of $100. 100% of the 6 Pounder Bonus Pot entries will be added to the pot. The team weighing the largest LIVE bass over 6lbs will win the balance of the pot. In the event that no team weighs a bass over 6lbs the balance of the pot will roll over to the 6 Pounder Bonus Pot for next year's event.

30lb Limit Bonus Pot- $5 Team Entry
The pot will start with a balance of $100. 100% of the 30lb Limit Bonus Pot entries will be added to the pot. The team weighing the largest limit over 30lbs will win the balance of the pot. In the event that no team weighs a limit over 30lbs the balance of the pot will roll over to the 30lb Limit Bonus Pot for next year's event.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.