Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this was deff a trip
last night after we got done golfing went to my buddies house and he wanted to go fishing and bc we dont have a boat and the fishing has been slow from shore he wanted to try out a local pond that he fished when he was younger
he told me he caught big bass, carp, and some big gills
so we got a late start but a good one got there around 9:30 and he handed me a hot dog and i asked what am i going to do with that lol
he told me to take a little bit of it and hoook it on and throw it out so i thought to my self this will never work sure enough second cast i felt a little poll and i set the hook and she went away screaming after about 5 min i seen it was a huge cat
after running for 10 min stright got her close enough to grab her tail and reach under her to throw her up on shore took her length and girth and got her back in the water for someone else to catch btw her measurements where 30 1/4 long and the grith was on the dot at 19 what an amazing fish

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
nice lookin catch...thats one hell of a fight right there! good one

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Wow! That things a slob.
MEEEEEEEEEOoooooooow is right LOL

Nice kitty.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
NICE CAT!!!!!!!! Gotta love POND MONSTERS!!!!! You get a hit and have no clue what it might be until she surfaces. Try some shrimp next time..stay's on the hook better

·
Registered
26 Posts
QUOTE(i want to catch fish @ Jul 13 2009, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well this was deff a trip
last night after we got done golfing went to my buddies house and he wanted to go fishing and bc we dont have a boat and the fishing has been slow from shore he wanted to try out a local pond that he fished when he was younger
he told me he caught big bass, carp, and some big gills
so we got a late start but a good one got there around 9:30 and he handed me a hot dog and i asked what am i going to do with that lol
he told me to take a little bit of it and hoook it on and throw it out so i thought to my self this will never work sure enough second cast i felt a little poll and i set the hook and she went away screaming after about 5 min i seen it was a huge cat
after running for 10 min stright got her close enough to grab her tail and reach under her to throw her up on shore took her length and girth and got her back in the water for someone else to catch btw her measurements where 30 1/4 long and the grith was on the dot at 19 what an amazing fish

Here kitty, kitty, kitty. Had to be a fun fight!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
QUOTE(stormchaser5399 @ Jul 13 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice kitty. Looks about 12.5lbs.

If you use a generic fish calculator online, yes you are correct at 12.5 lbs. Now if you use a fish calculator that is designed for the density of a catfish, you will see its actually closer to 17 lbs. Anyone who has caught a catfish knows how heavy they actually are!

Great looking fish, I would love for that sucker to be on the other end of my line!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts