Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 30 ft sea ray weekender 1987 with twin 350 mercs. purchased it this spring and believe it was very well cared for. in checking the transmission fluid level it is ok and clean but i don't know when it was last changed. can someone please tell me how often it should be changed and capacity of the resevoir. same question for the engine oil. engines have 700 hours and run strong. this is my first boat. would appreciate any advice on maintaining the 350's. any quirks about them i should be aware of. i enjoy this forum and any feed back on 350's would be great. as columbo would say "just one more question". are there any sea ray clubs in the st clair shores area. kinda anxious to make a few short overnite trips this summer with others that own sea rays.

·
Registered
66 Posts
QUOTE"just one more question". are there any sea ray clubs in the st clair shores area. kinda anxious to make a few short overnite trips this summer with others that own sea rays.

Give Colony Marine a call, they organize several trips per year for local boaters. I have a Four Winns so Colony won't talk to me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'd be interested in hearing more about your experiences with this boat, once you get a chance to run her for a while.

My wife had one a while ago before we were married and has a soft spot for them. Adventurer, I believe it's name was. According to recollections, the boat had twin 351 Ford inboards.

I am still open as to what I'll eventually wind up with, but your thoughts would be appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts