Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Is anybody getting above the Perch, like last year?

2. How do you feel about Sheap Head?

A. Never ever ever eat em?
B. Kill em cuz they SUCK!
C. Not bad to eat.
D. Just let em go.
E. Laugh at who ever gets one in the boat.

3. Why dont peole like to eat Bass.

4. Do you think Gobies are slowly going away?

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
QUOTE(CBJ @ Jul 12 2003, 09:06 AM)1. Is anybody getting above the Perch, like last year?

2. How do you feel about Sheap Head?

A. Never ever ever eat em?
B. Kill em cuz they SUCK!
C. Not bad to eat.
D. Just let em go.
E. Laugh at who ever gets one in the boat.

3. Why dont peole like to eat Bass.

4. Do you think Gobies are slowly going away?
1. Im having terrible luck getting a good 40 or 50 in the boat.

2. I do make fun of who ever catches one, cuz when I get one they all razz me. But I usually let them go unharmed. How ever I heard they are good in the garden.

3. I onle kept a very very few amount of bass in my life you can count them on one hand. Ive noticed their not that good and the Bones are bionic made out of cryptonite.

4. We use live bait cuz were usually fishing for dinner.

MY BOAT HAS NOT CAUGHT ONE GOBIE THIS YEAR

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Over 80- people have read this thread and nobody took the time to post something.

·
Registered
38 Posts
1. only a couple perch each time we go out

2. We just laugh at who ever gets one and just let it go

3. I've tried bass did'nt care for it

4. not one single goby this year

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Sorry dude, been busy...

1) Only when a smallie spits one up in the livewell

2) Laugh if were fun fishing. Curse if we are in a tournie and think it's a hog smallie.

3) Because they taste like bass!

4) Nope

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A lot of people kill the Sheap Head cuz they eat game fish and serve no purpose.

I will never complain about catching one. Cuz they know how to scrap Zinggggggggggg.

I am still Gobieless this year.

·
Registered
280 Posts
caught 3 12 inch perch right off the seawall by south river, got 15 just under 10. they are really deep in the weeds and i reel in about 1 lb of weeds with them, they are really thick fish, and you might think you have a small bass on by the fight.

i do like sheephead, i dont eat them and release them hopefully unharmed, they are great fighters and when fishing for perch, make the day interesting.

i love bass, but we soak them in milk for 4 hours before we fry them up, seems to kill the smell and strong taste. I had some recently and wow, they were excellent.

I have only caught gobies in Marine City, none out of lake st clair yet.

G

·
Not a whole lot of perch.
Love to catch any fish, even sheephead they fight!!
Never keep bass!!!
Gobies are still present and I am sorry to say I caught a couple so far this summer!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
No perch - I don't care that much for them and never fish for them.

I tried a sheepshead once - very oily and bitter. I don't mind catching them and always let them go.

I love bass, smallmouth and largemouth. Whenever people ask questions about the taste of fish, though, they need to remember that everyone has their own preferences in eveerything, including fish. I also like chicken liver, artichokes, tuna, and alot of other things I hear other people say they don't like while I hate cucumbers, watermelon, and smoked oysters which alot of people love. Just because one person doesn't like something doesn't mean it isn't tasty to someone else, and they aren't nuts. My favorite fish to eat - bluegill!

I think gobies are here to stay. If you see fewer in one area I guess they may have stabilized into that local foodchain. But I think our grandchildren will not think of them as exotics.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
1. Getting a few, no limits.

2. Like to catch 'em. Don't eat 'em. Throw 'em back. Laugh at anyone that brings one in the boat (even if it's me).

3. I will eat smallmouth that come from cold waters. If I catch keeper size bass through the ice before the season closes, I'll take them home and eat them with the rest of my catch. Very tasty from cold water. Less oily, firmer meat.

4. Still catching gobies on live bait in the Dumping Grounds, at the Delphine Channel and in the St. Clair River.

·
Registered
187 Posts
1) Have'nt done to well this year, we'll see how it goes this fall.
2) Laugh
3) Only if you catch them is Lake Supperior.
4) Have'nt caught a one this year.

·
Registered
440 Posts
1) A few weeks ago I caught ten, from 10-14". All were caught on bass-sized tubes. I'm sure if I had smaller tubes I would have caught much more.

2) Ditto to Alex's response.

3) I try to release them all, but if they are hooked too deeply and I don't think they'll make it, I will keep them.

4) Haven't caught a goby this year. But the smallmouth think they are downright tasty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
1) Haven't really tried for em.
2) Laugh after the heart attack from thinking it was smallie.
3) Never ate them or tried them. My uncle thinks smoked bass is the best fish to eat.
4) Haven't caught any this year.

·
Registered
927 Posts
not a perch fisherman, but i did catch one that was about 1.5 lbs on a rogue.

sheephead rock. keep me busy when im not catching smallies.

dont eat fish unless it comes from the sea.

never caught a gobie on lsc. put me on erie tho, i am gobie wan kinobi on erie.

madman himself

·
Registered
357 Posts
1. Have not fished for perch in years.
2. I don't mind catching "Grunters" unless it's a tourney day.
3. I quit eating bass when my Bass-O-Matic Broke.
4. I Have never caught a Gobie.

Good Fishing Everyone!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
1) Perch = Bait

2) Yes, but I didn't catch it , clean it or cook it!

3) They are to much fun to catch

4) I htink more people need to start eating them before they start to go away. The larger ones really arnt' that bad.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
A. Gotton a few perch by accident. See alot follow.
B. Love catching sheephead,(drum) there a course fish but
a blast to catch. Always laugh and continue to raze who
catch them. There a fun fish to have fun with.
C. Never have. Never will eat fish, meat, or foul. Never have
all my life.
D. Seems gobie's are getting gobbled up by other fish. Them
little bait stealer's, most likely the most cursed fish.

h2o

·
Registered
144 Posts
1. I haven't been getting many perch this year, but the ones I have been getting are 10-13 inches.

2. I love hooking into a "sh!$" head every once in a while. They pull like crazy, like a big smallie or walleye, I get all ready to net it and it's a sheephead!

3. I have eaten a bass or two! Not lately though.

4. I haven't caught a goby yet. I usually use them for pike or walleye bait. At Harsens Island I've even caught a few "big" perch on them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts