Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, sorry everybody for such a delayed report. Been very busy still lately with running around with my dad, and getting things in order still. I had the opportunity to meet, and fish with Craig (cwright) from the Lansing area, and my brother tagged along as well. After some confusion with detours on 96 with massive construction headaches, I was able to help guide Craig to the area. We got a fairly late start, and on top of that the Crocker launch was PACKED full, and so we had to launch from Metro.
Either way, by 9:00AM we were on the water starting off in 10-12 FOW in front of 400 club. 5 minutes in, Craig lands the first fish. A decent smallie. Few minutes later he lands a nice largemouth. This pattern kept up as we drifted/trolled from 8 FOW to 12-13 FOW. Fishing was very slow with those pesky east winds, and so we all were only able to manage a few, but totaled to about 10-15 fish total. Biggest fish of the day was Craig's nice 3.5lb largemouth. Magic bait for the day was a green pumpkin fat tube with 1/4oz weight. Water yesterday was crystal clear in 12 FOW, and we could see bottom like it was glass. Pebble counting kind of clear. We arrived back at the launch around 2:00PM just as the bigger boats started to tear up the lake with the wind. Typical summer time LSC pattern.
To top it off, I had a fun time, and it was GREAT to finally be back out on the water after 2.5-3 weeks. lol Thanks a ton Craig for coming all this way, and inviting my brother and I aboard to grab some fish with you on a beautiful (weather) day.
You have a very nice looking boat as well. Definitely something I'd like to have one day. lol Craig caught the first fish, the biggest fish, and the most fish. A worthy day for him I'd say.

Water Sky Boat Shorts Vertebrate

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
It was fun meeting and fishing with you guys as well, Jason! I hope to get back to LSC several more times this year.

We saw a lot of smallies, and most were 6 - 10 FOW. Green tubes, as Jason said. I switched up throughout the day, but the greenies were the ticket for us.

It was a fun day, guys. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts