Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill and I headed out around 6:00AM this morning until about 1:00PM this afternoon. Our initial target was to grab some skis, but they didn't seem to be very interested where we were today. We fished 8-10 FOW off the pointe off Metro. Water was like glass most of the time, and was fairly clear. We had 2 good strikes, and Bill had 2 nice follows, but no real takers. Twice Bill could've had potential hookups, but wasn't paying attention entirely so they just followed. lol We tried for some walleye in the area as well, but ended up with 1 sheephead, and a few largemouth. Sheriff showed up, and we talked with them nicely for a few minutes. They said it was very slow with only 2 or 3 eyes being caught that they heard of in that area. We headed back over towards the mouth of the spillway in 8-10 FOW still, and got into crystal clear water. We found some nice weed beds, and I landed a nice little largemouth. This is where we saw multiple skis both below the boat, including a monster sized one with a white dot on his back below the weeds, and even one that came up behind us and absolutely paralyzed the living hell out of whatever fish it hit on the surface. We were going to motor over, and see what it was, but decided to stay put and try to catch it instead. No luck there. We were throwing Brunner Runner's the entire time, with the Bummer's Bee color getting all the attention. Bill did have one nice fish hit and hookup. We thought it was a small musky, but turned out to be a decent little northern. We called it quits soon after, as Bill had to start heading home. We ended up accidentally staying in one small area for too long today due to light winds, when we are always used to stronger winds drifting us. Learned a few small things today of which we both plan to apply towards our next trip. We both had a fun time regardless, and FINALLY Bill and I had a NICE day on the water weather/water-wise.
It was fun to get back out with you Bill, and can't wait to slam the walleye with you soon. Thanks again for letting me aboard, and for a fun day.
Here is Bill's nice little pike of the day. The only real landed fish.

Water Shorts Muscle Sky Vertebrate

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Calm seas and ultra clear water are tough conditions. Glad you got out!

·
Registered
342 Posts
nice report Jason! Might be able to get out in the next few weeks. Was out Sunday morning, usual location... managed 8 smallies before t-bird's kid puked over the side and we had to head in.
using black gulp worm, yumdingers, and plastic craws. Talk to you soon.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(idunnit @ Jun 16 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice report Jason! Might be able to get out in the next few weeks. Was out Sunday morning, usual location... managed 8 smallies before t-bird's kid puked over the side and we had to head in.
using black gulp worm, yumdingers, and plastic craws. Talk to you soon.

Nice job Dave.
Sorry to hear about the over the boat incident. Hopefully he/she was alright. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to hit them up again in the next few weeks at any time. Next 3-5 days look warm and stormy, and so my dad and I plan to take care of things here in the new house as we are still getting settled in. Should be great to go after that though. Remember, they are going to start moving in a bit deeper now as the summer pattern sets in. I had a nice largemouth on a white spinnerbait today.
lol

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Hey Jason,
You forgot to say we spotted the Schram Man Brian heading out too. Not to many people you run into at 5:30 in the morning by accident at the gas station 20 miles from home.
Nice seeing you Brian. How did you do? Any luck?

Ditto on the good time Jason. Who was the other guy from LSCN we saw out there?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(propwash @ Jun 17 2009, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Jason,
You forgot to say we spotted the Schram Man Brian heading out too. Not to many people you run into at 5:30 in the morning by accident at the gas station 20 miles from home.
Nice seeing you Brian. How did you do? Any luck?

Ditto on the good time Jason. Who was the other guy from LSCN we saw out there?

lol You're right! I did forget to mention that!
Always fun to see the Shram Van cruising in the area. How did you guys do Brian? The other guy was I believe soule and pelicankayaker. lol Fun time to be out there again though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts