Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Brutus54 @ Jun 24 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>WAS IT A TAGGED FISH? I THOUGHT THE DNR REMOVES THE DORSAL WHEN THEY TAG THESE FISH.

got me it wasnt that big and the hook fell out when netted so it went right to the tank for a short rest didnt really inspect the fish

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Nice job.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, musky don't have dorsal fins like other fish. That mark is some sort of injury not a missing fin.

·
Registered
98 Posts
IDK THEN.. IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO IDENTIFY THEM OTHER THAN THEIR DORSAL MISSING?? IF THATS NOT WHAT IT WAS, I WONDER WHAT COULD CAUSE DAMAGE LIKE THAT?? I DONT SEE ANY OTHER DAMAGE AROUND THE AREA OTHER THAN THE DORSAL...

·
Registered
98 Posts
[quote name='Zib' date='Jun 24 2009, 03:29 PM' post='882768']
Nice job.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, musky don't have dorsal fins like other fish. That mark is some sort of injury not a missing fin.

THANKS ZIB ALWAYS GOOD TO LEARN NEW THINGS

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 24 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job.

good call i didnt even notice like a said just looked at it real fast seen a nice wound that looked like a fin was removed

·
Registered
269 Posts
QUOTE(troller11 @ Jun 24 2009, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 24 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job.

good call i didnt even notice like a said just looked at it real fast seen a nice wound that looked like a fin was removed

Thank's for the trip out Dennis. Even a slow day on the lake is better than no day. I think the fish got hit with a prop.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts