Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished about 4 miles SE of Huron Pointe today. Trolled crawler harnesses with Rainbow Chub Holographic blades and 1.5 oz. bottom bouncers. The bite turned on around 5pm. Had a limit of 6 walleye and some nice perch by 7pm. 18 fow and 1.5 mph on gps. A nice weekday on the water. Gonna take the neighbor out when he gets out of work tomorrow and try the same program.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
QUOTE(6667supersport @ Jul 8 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>WOW.........been awhile since Ive seen a mess of fish like that......great job. I would be back out there the next day too.

I am not gonna lie, that is really a nice mess of fish you got. Some of the perch you got are really nice sized, this year out by the Light I have gotten quite a few nice sized ones.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Best report I have seen this year. Hat's off to you!

·
Registered
145 Posts
QUOTE(doubleJ @ Jul 8 2009, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fished about 4 miles SE of Huron Pointe today. Trolled crawler harnesses with Rainbow Chub Holographic blades and 1.5 oz. bottom bouncers. The bite turned on around 5pm. Had a limit of 6 walleye and some nice perch by 7pm. 18 fow and 1.5 mph on gps. A nice weekday on the water. Gonna take the neighbor out when he gets out of work tomorrow and try the same program.
Where's Huron Point?????

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
great report and nice work out there! It was a perfect night to fish. Clouds and a slight chop, gotta love it.

Huron Point = Metro Beach (basically)

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Nice report

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
QUOTE(doubleJ @ Jul 8 2009, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fished about 4 miles SE of Huron Pointe today. Trolled crawler harnesses with Rainbow Chub Holographic blades and 1.5 oz. bottom bouncers. The bite turned on around 5pm. Had a limit of 6 walleye and some nice perch by 7pm. 18 fow and 1.5 mph on gps. A nice weekday on the water. Gonna take the neighbor out when he gets out of work tomorrow and try the same program.

Dinner and beer at your house. Great catch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Gratz! Very nice catch! I have not been so lucky on St Clair this year. All I can seem to find are the weeds when trolling. I have had much better luck on Erie. Three trips out and 3 limits.

Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
697 Posts
dude those perch are rediculous. so u were near metro according to that one guy? but 4 miles south east. isn't that like near the south channel? i haven't caught fish on this lake in 2 years btw, and im dead serious...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(givemethe @ Jul 9 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dude those perch are rediculous. so u were near metro according to that one guy? but 4 miles south east. isn't that like near the south channel? i haven't caught fish on this lake in 2 years btw, and im dead serious...

Approx. between Metro and St. Clair Light. Heading out shortly. I'll report back later.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice catch. I think I have your spot marked on my GPS. It is about 2/3 the way to the shipping channel. I fished that location last year with another dad and his boy. The boy hauled in a monster smallie and I told him that I thought that was officially the biggest fish that was ever caught on my boat. Then about 30 minutes later I caught a bigger fish and the poor kid was devastated. We had a great time that day and eventually got into some nice perch. Didn't catch as many fish as you have there but it was pretty darn close.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts