Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after buggin my folks for a while, they finally said they'll go fishin. so this morning we got up on Harsens and fished muskamoot. me and my dad went about 2 weeks ago and got some rockies and sunnies, well mom was our good luck charm today. either that or all my bad luck has gone away(hoping so anyways). but we went out from roughly 7-1:30, we caught alot of perch, about 40-60 but only kept 14 perch and 2 sunnies and some were small but got gut hook'd, so we kept them. all in all, it was a good day on the water, decent amount of activity.

also, i just gave in and bought my first mepps #3 algia. i only casted a few times, but i really like it thus far. i only managed to catch 1 fish on it, and it was a sunny, but then after my few casts with it, i went back to my bait lines, nailed a decent 16 1/2" largemouth, that sucker was fighting like no other bass ive caught. i was thinking it was either a mid sized pike or a small musky, but wow did he ever fight. and this was maybe 10 minutes after i seen a musky swimming by, that was when i pulled out the mepps, but he wasnt interested at all, which honestly, is a good thing, cuz he would have won and taken my new lure. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
673 Posts
Nice catch and report. Enjoy the meal.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(6667supersport @ Jul 13 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Were U fishing in one of the cuts or canels coming off Middle or South channel or in the bay in pencil weeds??? THANX

i was in the bay, but kinda hard to explain. if your on 154 going towards the OYC, on the right hand side, theres a house out on the water, about 1/2 mile out. once there, its about 1 mile west from that island. we tried drifting but the lack of wind just layed our lines in the weeds. we did bounce around for a bit, looking for bigger perch. also, from the same general location, theres a house on the middle channel that you can see from the bay, it has neighbors, but they're far from this home. it has tons of weeds(reeds) on the way. roughly that area. sorry, i know my descriptions suck. lol if the gas hole rings a bell, then that is the first location i was trying to pin point.

last time i was out, which was last sunday when all the crap hit the fan, whatta mess...... i said that day i was no longer going to keep the rockies and sunnies, and i wanted to only start keeping the fish i want, perch and wallys. so later sunday after sayin this, i ended up catching a few dinks, so i was kinda happy. so todays turn out was pretty good. and it was fun getting out there with my parents, its been a long time, about 15+years.

craves.....thanks, i will definately enjoy it. last time i got a couple good perch was on the ice, so its been long over due for some perch. thanks again

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol, no. some jiffy mix, some garlic and onion powder, mix it all up and fry it. simple mix and has always done me good.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
good job on the pond bro..them look like some tasty perch!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks Papa Smurf, spent a decent amount of time out there, it was a good follow up trip after that crazy sunday last week. much needed too. it was cool to have my folks out there. looking forward to getting them out there some more. i just feel like im repaying them for draggin me out when i was a kid, and yea, sometimes i didnt want to go, but im thankful now,<<< thats an understatement btw.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Yummy

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
ya I keep tryin to get my parents out there...but they think I drive too fast and last time I took my dad out he expected me to go less than 5mph for 6 miles cause it was too rough for him with 1 foot waves. All I heard was Ohhh...owww....oooh EVERY WAVE!! I told him imma install an orthopedic chair for his old a$$. lol

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Atta boi!!! Good work out there. All that onion and garlic power talk actually sounds pretty good. Might have to experiment with some of that.

Good work bro!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
get a few sticks of butter, bout 10 minutes per side and mmm mmm good. this has been my dads recipe for as long as i can remember. everyone who tries it say they love it. i have never tried any other recipes, TimEye mentioned a bacon wrapped recipe for walleye that i definitely will be trying. my mouth was watering that day LOL

·
3,236 Posts
Fella's their is a cook book forum for all of these home tried and true recipes. USE IT!!!! Look to the left and it is under the forum index titled the cook book. Once there you will find the sub forum "fish recipes". Please post these home remedies for all to see and enjoy so they are not lost on page 12 of the fishing reports forums.
Great catch and post. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts