Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
couldnt talk the girlfriend into trolling she wanted to go out drifting shiners and i took a casting rod and bucktail along. we fished 14-16 fow drop shot about 6 inches off the bottom was our best producing rig. started casting a bucktail around 9 30 got this fish and had one other fish grab my lure and swim with it never got a hook up, it swam at the boat i reeled down and set noone home. only casted for like 15 minutes and left before hatch hit. least plenty of room to improve on size for casting

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Troller...you sure do know where them muskie are...never cease to amaze me! great job

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Large Mouth Peks @ Jul 14 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice 11. You planning on doing some Smallie perchin this year? Hope so, I wanna see some of those mid-summer giants!

i imagine the girlfriends going to want to do more shiner fishing with the hatch going on mile roads have been stacked with fish so i havnt got out to the channel edge for the big girls yet. i was catching largies in 16 fow last night mixed in with the smallies but holding close to the bottom

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Papa Smurf @ Jul 14 2009, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Troller...you sure do know where them muskie are...never cease to amaze me! great job

ty but not magic, right now fish the mile roads right around hatch time the place comes alive if you can withstand the bugs if youve noticed alot of my fish have a black background.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts