Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Started east of Salt, not much action so we headed to the light since it was calm. Picked up some dink Perch and one walleye. Saw a couple guys trolling along the drop but never saw a net dipped. We lost the school of Perch and couldn't find another 'eye so we went to Brunner Island. Caught some Pike and a couple nice 4lb Smallmouth. Raised a few Musky and a couple more dink Perch. I finally saw one of the followers open its mouth close to the bait but it didn't seem overly impressed and didn't take it. Maybe it was just yawning. Left there went back to Salt and picked up more Bass, Rockbass, Perch...Fishing was good the catching was harder than Friday as we had three guys in the boat and caught the same few fish...
Water Glasses Vertebrate Hat Sunglasses

Attachments

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Nice work out there!!!!! Congrats on the big summer smallies man. I do believe Musky's do get tired of seeing the same sh*t thrown at them day after day HAHA

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Perhaps scent might trigger the chomp.

h2o

1,036 Posts
Snowman, is this report from today? I launched from the spillway this morning and it was anything but calm. 2-3 foot waves from the southeasterly wind.

Also, I'm curious to know where exactly you fish Brunner's Island for smallies. Are u fishing the channel on the east side of the island? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
QUOTE(weapons of bass destructon @ Jul 15 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Snowman, is this report from today? I launched from the spillway this morning and it was anything but calm. 2-3 foot waves from the southeasterly wind.

Also, I'm curious to know where exactly you fish Brunner's Island for smalls. Are u fishing the channel on the east side of the island? Thanks!

It was yesterday,
and you can get the smallies on the south and west sides of the brunner island.
south to the border and west from the channel area
BB

·
Registered
213 Posts
nice smallmouth taking a freind and his 10 year old out tomorrow probably try the salt and brunner island anyother suggestions would be cool maybe ill throw a white spin flex lol

1,036 Posts
We had luck this morning on the mile roads in 18 FOW. Weeds are getting bad though so fishing weedless (drop shot or carolina) is an advantage. We haven't had much luck getting anything with size.

I know lots of guys starting fishing the channels and SCR this time of year.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
QUOTE(pumpkinseed @ Jul 15 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice smallmouth taking a freind and his 10 year old out tomorrow probably try the salt and brunner island anyother suggestions would be cool maybe ill throw a white spin flex lol

when you cast that spinflex let the line go tight on the cast to whip that buck tail out just before it hits the water and use a leader muskie and pike love them too.
as a spot i would go over to channel and locate drop offs on the out side edges.
BB

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Also let it go all the way down and slow to med speed on the retrieve keep it down as long as you can.
BB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts