Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the nephews out for a few hours. Lines in at 3:30 pm and out about 6:45 pm. Ended up with 7 walleye and 10 keeper perch. Trolling rainbow chub colored holographic harnesses with 2oz. bottom bouncers in 18 fow approximately 4 mile SE of Metro Beach. Nephew also caught a small musky and lost a bigger one at boat side. Also caught a walleye that had 2 lampreys on it.
Plant Food Smile Shorts Seafood

Water Vertebrate Fishing net Fin Sky

Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Boat

Attachments

·
LSCN Sponsor since 10/06
161 Posts
Nice catch, I'll bet the kids had a blast

The walleye have not left this bay area all season. We've had walleye caught almost daily, get sick of reporting all the time

We had a guy the other day anchored up slip bobber fishing straight out from our canal and got 3 fat walleye and like 6-7 jumbo perch all over 10"

They are in the weeds and have been all season, this cool summer has not drove them out to deeper waters, don't get me wrong there are walleye out deeper but why waste the gas, they are in the Metro Bay, slooow trolling and drifting just above the weeds

One of the guys that does some of our motor work limited out the other day in front of the beach in 12 fow bobber fishing.

Our neighbor across the canal got 6 walleye and a handfull of jumbos slow trolling on tuesday from 3-6, same area, straight out from our canal no more than 500 yards north or south in 12 fow, he would get 1 and circle back

The perch we've seen come back have been huge, hopefully they stay for winter

Hope To See Everyone Soon

Fish On

Jimmy's Boats & Baits
37934 Jefferson
Harrison Twp. MI. 48045
586-329-3811
jimmysboatsandbaits.com

·
Registered
119 Posts
QUOTE(doubleJ @ Jul 18 2009, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Took the nephews out for a few hours. Lines in at 3:30 pm and out about 6:45 pm. Ended up with 7 walleye and 10 keeper perch. Trolling rainbow chub colored holographic harnesses with 2oz. bottom bouncers in 18 fow approximately 4 mile SE of Metro Beach. Nephew also caught a small musky and lost a bigger one at boat side. Also caught a walleye that had 2 lampreys on it.
View attachment 64097
View attachment 64098
View attachment 64099

when you say 4 miles SE of metro that would put you somewhere in front of lighthouse, correct?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
QUOTE(doubleJ @ Jul 18 2009, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Took the nephews out for a few hours. Lines in at 3:30 pm and out about 6:45 pm. Ended up with 7 walleye and 10 keeper perch. Trolling rainbow chub colored holographic harnesses with 2oz. bottom bouncers in 18 fow approximately 4 mile SE of Metro Beach. Nephew also caught a small musky and lost a bigger one at boat side. Also caught a walleye that had 2 lampreys on it.
View attachment 64097
View attachment 64098
View attachment 64099

I was out there Tues morning. Same thing walleye and a few perch. Running 1oz inline. 2 behind the boat and 2 inline boards to the side. Trolled for musky on the way back in and had a good hit but came off.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Great report glad to hear you guys had fun out there.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when you say 4 miles SE of metro that would put you somewhere in front of lighthouse, correct?
[/quote]

Inbetween the lighthouse and huron point (metro). If you head out of metro and head 4 miles towards the light house you will be in the area.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
man your are killing the eyes out there , looks like u got some real nice perch to what lenght leader are u running on those bottom bouncers

6 foot leads on the harnesses and I have not used any planer boards. Only been using 4 poles as well for 2-4 people.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(WALLEYE JUNKIE @ Jul 18 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks like there in your same spot again this year. Great job and awesome job putting the boys on some fish!!!

Thanks and yeah we are catching them roughly around the same spots as the last couple seasons. But it has turned on a little earlier for me this year for that particular area which keeps me from having to take the 10+ mile ride out to the dumping grounds in search of them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
QUOTE(Jimmy's @ Jul 18 2009, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice catch, I'll bet the kids had a blast

The walleye have not left this bay area all season. We've had walleye caught almost daily, get sick of reporting all the time

We had a guy the other day anchored up slip bobber fishing straight out from our canal and got 3 fat walleye and like 6-7 jumbo perch all over 10"

They are in the weeds and have been all season, this cool summer has not drove them out to deeper waters, don't get me wrong there are walleye out deeper but why waste the gas, they are in the Metro Bay, slooow trolling and drifting just above the weeds

One of the guys that does some of our motor work limited out the other day in front of the beach in 12 fow bobber fishing.

Our neighbor across the canal got 6 walleye and a handfull of jumbos slow trolling on tuesday from 3-6, same area, straight out from our canal no more than 500 yards north or south in 12 fow, he would get 1 and circle back

The perch we've seen come back have been huge, hopefully they stay for winter

Hope To See Everyone Soon

Fish On

Jimmy's Boats & Baits
37934 Jefferson
Harrison Twp. MI. 48045
586-329-3811
jimmysboatsandbaits.com
What's the secret because I sure not getting them????? Trying with bottom bouncers without bottom bouncers with split shots without split shots not even perch. the only thing I caught is 3 huge catfish which I didn't want????

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm not getting anything either. Using the same Northland tackle harnesses but they come with a 3' leader. Do you add another 3'? Also, are you running on the bottom or are you trying to stay above the weeds as Jimmy suggests? Been tryin the same general areas and don't get bites at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.