Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went out around 5:45 A.M. Just got back the lake was great very calm. Got a bout 30 or 40 Perch with in a stone throw of the St. Clair Light. Really Really close to it. We tried diffrent spots along the channel, nothing big fat zero. Ended up back at the light. Kind a slow and a lot of Small Perch. Got 18 keepers out of around 35.

My take on the lake so far. Im a live bait fishermen 85% of the time. I use perch rigs with minnows and worms. In between Ginos and the Clam, mostly out in front of the 400 club, been getting Smallies all day long good sized tough fighters. So consistant that Im going to take the kids out their, very few Perch how ever the ones I do get are very BIG. Today like you read above the Perch are hitting right up close to the St. Clair Light, no smallies a few sheap head but the Perch out by the light arnt as big as the ones closer to shore.

There you have it, CBJs take on the lake so far.

·
Registered
153 Posts
We fished from about 8:45 am to 2 pm trolling for walleye about 2 miles SE of St. Clair light. Boated only 1 walleye (lost 3 close to boat) also caught 2 nice size perch and 1 smallie of 18". Saw 2 very large fish break water, 1 was a muskie for sure as it launched completely out of water fairly close to us. All in all a good day on the water.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(craftyfish2 @ Jul 17 2003, 05:19 PM)
We fished from about 8:45 am to 2 pm trolling for walleye about 2 miles SE of St. Clair light. Boated only 1 walleye (lost 3 close to boat) also caught 2 nice size perch and 1 smallie of 18". Saw 2 very large fish break water, 1 was a muskie for sure as it launched completely out of water fairly close to us. All in all a good day on the water.
All in all good day on the water.

Isnt it wonderful to be out there on a weekday when its calm like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts