Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was contacted in regards to fishing yesterday as it looked to be the best day to head out, and sure enough it certainly seems that it was. I got a PM from Stacy (girlsfishtoo), and we decided to leave around 1:00PM, but the weather delayed us for about 3 more hours. We launched out of the mouth of the Clinton River around 4:00PM, and fished until about 9:30PM. We started for musky casting all types of baits near the mouth, and back over to the south where I lost my monster a few weeks ago. No luck there. While on the south side of the Harley launch in Campeau Bay, we started marking a LOT of fish in 8-9 FOW with most of them being smallmouth we presume. We made a few drifts over that area and managed a few smallmouth to take the skunk out of the boat. Medium diving crankbaits, and drop shot goby was working for us. Water was clear, and temperature was about 69 degrees, a little cooler from last week. We worked over towards the south side of Metro, and again casted for skis with no luck. Good weed growth, and crystal clear water there, but too many floating weeds made it difficult to cast in. We moved to the mouth of the spillway next and casted for a short while there for skis again with no luck. From there we decided to head back to our smallmouth spot, and had a few more hits, but no takers. Marked a lot of fish, and many fishing moving up to the surface to feed on baitfish and other prey. Many of the fish were suspended off the bottom. Not many holding on the bottom. None the less, it was another fun day, and we didn't get skunked.
Thank you very much Stacy for letting aboard your boat. It was nice to meet you and fish with you. Hopefully we can do it again sometime soon. You have a nice boat as well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Those fish are mostly retreads from this weekends tournaments. They hang around to get some strength back, then I assume most migrate somewhere else. These fish do turn on at some point and can be some great action.

·
Registered
64 Posts
QUOTE(BCBpIV @ Jul 21 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good to see you caught some fish, but isnt it hard to put down that musky lure to cast for bass? Knowing that the next 60 incher is only a cast away...

Not for me, my girlie arms get tired from those big 'ol musky lures

Water Sky Vertebrate Smile Boat

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.