Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out from the 11 mile area with friends arounf 6:30. Fished an area South of Metro in about 13FOW that they have had great success in all year. The first fish was mine, picked up the left side down rod to shake the weeds of and bam!! 44in musky with some damage to her right gill plate! Excellent first Musky. I had a little trouble geting a grip on her, in my pic i look like a total amatuer. Don't have the pic now but I'll post it later. Caught 2 more. 1 small one and the one pictrued below was also my buddies 1st Ski. All caught on bucktails 3.6-3.9 mph

Attachments

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
QUOTE(thenatural @ Jul 8 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Went out from the 11 mile area with friends arounf 6:30. Fished an area South of Metro in about 13FOW that they have had great success in all year. The first fish was mine, picked up the left side down rod to shake the weeds of and bam!! 44in musky with some damage to her right gill plate! Excellent first Musky. I had a little trouble geting a grip on her, in my pic i look like a total amatuer. Don't have the pic now but I'll post it later. Caught 2 more. 1 small one and the one pictrued below was also my buddies 1st Ski. All caught on bucktails 3.6-3.9 mph

are you the guys trolling in the sportcraft hardtop. nice job on the skis

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(troller11 @ Jul 8 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(thenatural @ Jul 8 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Went out from the 11 mile area with friends arounf 6:30. Fished an area South of Metro in about 13FOW that they have had great success in all year. The first fish was mine, picked up the left side down rod to shake the weeds of and bam!! 44in musky with some damage to her right gill plate! Excellent first Musky. I had a little trouble geting a grip on her, in my pic i look like a total amatuer. Don't have the pic now but I'll post it later. Caught 2 more. 1 small one and the one pictrued below was also my buddies 1st Ski. All caught on bucktails 3.6-3.9 mph

are you the guys trolling in the sportcraft hardtop. nice job on the skis

You got it

·
Registered
869 Posts
Dual or single blade bucktails?
Color of blades?

Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Muskie_Addict @ Jul 9 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dual or single blade bucktails?
Color of blades?

Thanks
Bill

All single baldes. We had 10 lines out running the whole spectrum of colors (bronze, silver and firetiger blades) The one pictured came off the tiger color blade. The bigger one off of bronze.

·
Registered
869 Posts
QUOTE(thenatural @ Jul 9 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Muskie_Addict @ Jul 9 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dual or single blade bucktails?
Color of blades?

Thanks
Bill

All single baldes. We had 10 lines out running the whole spectrum of colors (bronze, silver and firetiger blades) The one pictured came off the tiger color blade. The bigger one off of bronze.

Thanks, I was out there Yesterday and got the skunk, ran 6 rods, only 2 people on board. Previous Wednesday before went 2 for 3. Orange colored single blade tail and Harvo Nine dollar bass were the ticket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts