Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we headed out around 11am and saw muskie hound as we were heading out. It was looking like a great day and I started to make the run to the first spot. About 2 minutes into our run at 25mph my Stow master muskie net caught the wind like a sail and flew out of the boat. We saw it land and turned around. I figured it will still be floating when we get there. WRONG! As soon as we get to the spot Schram looks and says its gone so I hit mark on the GPS. We serched for 30 min and could not see it on the bottom because of the wind and waves. I said well its gone for now we will try to get it later if we can. I really figured that I am going to need to buy a new net. We started casting at the first area and ended up boating 1 small ski and had 3 more follows. Over the day we ended up getting 2 pike and troller11 hooked up another ski. Troller11 almost got a nice LM bass that hit a muskie lure but it decided to throw the hook about 10 feet from the boat. We ended up getting over 12 follows total. At 8pm I said guys I want to look for my net one last time. So after 3 passes over the area I said one more and then we are done looking. There was no sunlight and it was starting to get dark. On the final pass I spotted the net and dove in to get it. Well I got the bottom and I missed it. I dove the bottom a couple more times and could not find it. I surfaced and Schram tossed a lure out over where the net was. After a few more passes we had the net in sight again. This time the lure was placed right on it to mark it. I said lets put the anchor down and then I will dive to get it. After the anchor was down Schram started to pick up the lure and he also snagged the net so it was caught. It was great to have my net back thanks Schram & Troller11 for the help getting it back. Also thanks to DRP for making the bondy bait since it not only catches muskies but also muskie nets

Fun times

Attachments

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
lol Funny story guys, and congrats on some fish. Where abouts where you? Looks like you were close to the mouth of the Clinton. I kind of guessed that's where you might have gone Brian.
Shallow or deeper? Looks about 7-10 FOW from a rough guess. Nice job again guys, and great pic. lol

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(stormchaser5399 @ Jul 7 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lol Funny story guys, and congrats on some fish. Where abouts where you? Looks like you were close to the mouth of the Clinton. I kind of guessed that's where you might have gone Brian.
Shallow or deeper? Looks about 7-10 FOW from a rough guess. Nice job again guys, and great pic. lol

We were between salt and selfridge gave us most of the action 7-10fow. Wish I was not at work or I would be night fishing right now with the full moon out.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
QUOTE(AlexG @ Jul 7 2009, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(stormchaser5399 @ Jul 7 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lol Funny story guys, and congrats on some fish. Where abouts where you? Looks like you were close to the mouth of the Clinton. I kind of guessed that's where you might have gone Brian.

We were between salt and selfridge gave us most of the action 7-10fow. Wish I was not at work or I would be night fishing right now with the full moon out.

Thank you very much for the information. Seems like that's been the hot spot recently in the last week or so...

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Great job on the recovery, Alex. Did you give a Tarzan call when you dove in? LOL, your new nick name, Tarzan. I saw your post on the open seats too late to reply otherwise I would have volunteered. I`m still in limbo waiting for a new ECU for my outboard to get here from Merc.
Hopefully it arrives today.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Alex your a crazy mo fo. It was NOT that warm out lollol. I was more stoked about getting your net back that if one of us would have caught a 50 incher

Troller 11 was a way cool dude. Really enjoyed fishing and talking with him. We'll get one next time guys and Troller 11 hit me up to go trollin'

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
QUOTE(schram @ Jul 8 2009, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Alex your a crazy mo fo. It was NOT that warm out lollol. I was more stoked about getting your net back that if one of us would have caught a 50 incher

Troller 11 was a way cool dude. Really enjoyed fishing and talking with him. We'll get one next time guys and Troller 11 hit me up to go trollin'

thx nice to mee you also, ya ill have to show you how the other side does it and thx for the ride alex

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(BrokenWing @ Jul 8 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey how do you like that net? I am looking for a real musky net.

That is the best net I have ever had! The best part is that it folds up. I will be filling the handle with foam as Troller11 suggested. Maybe it will float then.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(troller11 @ Jul 9 2009, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(schram @ Jul 8 2009, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Alex your a crazy mo fo. It was NOT that warm out lollol. I was more stoked about getting your net back that if one of us would have caught a 50 incher

thx nice to mee you also, ya ill have to show you how the other side does it and thx for the ride alex

Your welcome on the ride Troller11. Your welcome on my boat anytime. Looks like we missed the fish by a day. I am sure next time we will put a bigger one in the boat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts