Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first official report, so here it goes. I was a virgin to casting for musky so I have been reading all the reports and I couldn't take it any more so I ordered me up some Musky Mayhem Tackle Double Showgirl spinnerbaits and gave it a try. I have caught plenty of musky before but never casting. Headed over to the Salt River area and started casting around 3p and on my 3rd cast had a follow to the side of the boat (Mid 20s) and she about scared the crap out of me (it was awesome). Headed closer to shore so the wind could blow me out and after 30 min. had a mid 30's follow to the boat and I freaked out and tried to do a big O and my spinnerbait turned into a buzzbait and she swam off. After marking on GPS I noticed both follows were in the same spot so I ran around for another pass and hit the same area and had another follow that peeled of about 10 ft from the boat. So around for another pass the sun came out and I could see my bait coming in real good then this dark shape come up behind my bait about 20ft out, the mouth opened up and my bait was gone. I think I was in shock for a sec, then thought to myself I should set the hook. Then she sat there with her mouth open shaking back and forth like crazy for about 20-30 seconds, it was crazy water was flying everywere! After a good run got her to the boat and pulled her in. Got the hooks out, tried a quick photo and back into the drink. The photo is not to great but best I could do by myself. I think that I am hooked! 43" - Showgirl gold blads with gold skirt. All fish within a 50yd stretch. All fish between 3-5p. Salt River Area.

I would like to Thank everyone who posts reports, No doubt all the reports that I have read got me my first musky casting and it was awesome. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Well done! Sounds like you're hooked on casting now. First day out! Man, this muskie fishing is easy!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Congrats -- I am still trying for my first

QUOTE(Buckmaster @ Jul 8 2009, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This is my first official report, so here it goes. I was a virgin to casting for musky so I have been reading all the reports and I couldn't take it any more so I ordered me up some Musky Mayhem Tackle Double Showgirl spinnerbaits and gave it a try. I have caught plenty of musky before but never casting. Headed over to the Salt River area and started casting around 3p and on my 3rd cast had a follow to the side of the boat (Mid 20s) and she about scared the crap out of me (it was awesome). Headed closer to shore so the wind could blow me out and after 30 min. had a mid 30's follow to the boat and I freaked out and tried to do a big O and my spinnerbait turned into a buzzbait and she swam off. After marking on GPS I noticed both follows were in the same spot so I ran around for another pass and hit the same area and had another follow that peeled of about 10 ft from the boat. So around for another pass the sun came out and I could see my bait coming in real good then this dark shape come up behind my bait about 20ft out, the mouth opened up and my bait was gone. I think I was in shock for a sec, then thought to myself I should set the hook. Then she sat there with her mouth open shaking back and forth like crazy for about 20-30 seconds, it was crazy water was flying everywere! After a good run got her to the boat and pulled her in. Got the hooks out, tried a quick photo and back into the drink. The photo is not to great but best I could do by myself. I think that I am hooked! 43" - Showgirl gold blads with gold skirt. All fish within a 50yd stretch. All fish between 3-5p. Salt River Area.

I would like to Thank everyone who posts reports, No doubt all the reports that I have read got me my first musky casting and it was awesome. Thanks

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
this is what reports and tips are all about
another newbie caster HOOKED. WAY TO KEEP IT TOGETHER on that fish when she made your bait disappear

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(Buckmaster @ Jul 8 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This is my first official report, so here it goes. I was a virgin to casting for musky so I have been reading all the reports and I couldn't take it any more so I ordered me up some Musky Mayhem Tackle Double Showgirl spinnerbaits and gave it a try. I have caught plenty of musky before but never casting. Headed over to the Salt River area and started casting around 3p and on my 3rd cast had a follow to the side of the boat (Mid 20s) and she about scared the crap out of me (it was awesome). Headed closer to shore so the wind could blow me out and after 30 min. had a mid 30's follow to the boat and I freaked out and tried to do a big O and my spinnerbait turned into a buzzbait and she swam off. After marking on GPS I noticed both follows were in the same spot so I ran around for another pass and hit the same area and had another follow that peeled of about 10 ft from the boat. So around for another pass the sun came out and I could see my bait coming in real good then this dark shape come up behind my bait about 20ft out, the mouth opened up and my bait was gone. I think I was in shock for a sec, then thought to myself I should set the hook. Then she sat there with her mouth open shaking back and forth like crazy for about 20-30 seconds, it was crazy water was flying everywere! After a good run got her to the boat and pulled her in. Got the hooks out, tried a quick photo and back into the drink. The photo is not to great but best I could do by myself. I think that I am hooked! 43" - Showgirl gold blads with gold skirt. All fish within a 50yd stretch. All fish between 3-5p. Salt River Area.

Great job and nice fish!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts