Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill stopped by with his good buddy Neil, and we headed out of Crocker towards the 400 club area to cast for some musky between 3:00PM, and 7:00PM. Within the first hour Bill had a decent 3 footer follow to the boat, and I had a small sub 30 class fish follow as well. Both of us were using the Bummer's Bee Brunner Runner with a chartreuse blade. About 15 minutes after that, Bill nails a small northern with a chunk missing on his right side from what looked to be from somebody's prop. We moved around in the general area, and found some really nice looking weeds with crystal clear water, and so we gave it a shot. Around 6:30PM or so, I had what looked to be an easy 4 footer follow my bucktail to the boat, and out of nowhere a roller hits, and I was thrown forward a bit and ended up spooking the fish.
I was VERY upset about this, as this easily would've been my first big ski ever, and he had his mouth open going to hit that lure while I watched him swim away. A short while later, Bill gets a nice one to follow as well. Soon after these events unfolded, and still in the same general area, Bill and myself both get 2 good solid hits each. We soon had to call it with no more action taking place, all of us being hungry, and needing to head back home. In short, we had about 5-7 follows, a few good solid hits, but no takers. We all did enjoy a nice meal at White Castle on the way back however, and we had a great time together regardless of no ski's being landed.
It was very nice to meet you Neil and thanks again Bill for another fun time on the water. Fish of a thousand casts, and I think by now I'm into the low 900's. That means next trip out, I "technically" should hook up with one.
We'll see though… Water was clear in 10-12 FOW, but drastically got murkier as you head close to shore in 7 FOW and less. We did try the murky water briefly as well with no luck. Water temperature was showing 77F on the fish finder for anybody wondering, and again we fished straight out from Crocker towards the 400 club, and around the general area. I'm getting even closer now to that first big one.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I'll play Wednesday night quarterback & say with that many follows I wouldn't have left so early.
I would have stayed until at least it got dark.

BTW, after eating at White Castle I don't think anyone will want you on their boat for at least a week.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Zib @ Aug 5 2009, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll play Wednesday night quarterback & say with that many follows I wouldn't have left so early.
I would have stayed until at least it got dark.

BTW, after eating at White Castle I don't think anyone will want you on their boat for at least a week.

Well, they don't call them sliders for no reason now do they?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.