Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enjoyed a new partner in Mike Tuomey: We had a great time. Fishing wasn't as good as 8/6/03's report but we caught. Caught about 25 or so fish. Wind was whipin us around to fast and we could of walked on the surface weeds, just hindered our casting fowling our lure's. Oh well. Also went with Dan The Man and his buddy. They learned the lake as first timer's and caught about 7 or so fish. Dan lost a nice muskie at boat side. We Fished from 7:00 till about 1:00. Water temp. 77-74 11-15 fow. Drift Dragin worked with grubs but had to go heavier with the jigs. 3/8 oz. to keep it from being out to far. Caught a few 2 1/2 lb. smallies, 2 smaller largemouth, nice jumbo perch, rock bass and Mike got a 26 in muskie. What a great person Mike is and a joy to fish with i'm sure we'll get out again. Fished the Mile Roads..... All in All we enjoyed the pond and it was good to us.

h2o

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ditto, Gregg. What a great time! Sorry I had to get back early in the day. We'll do it again real soon.

Gregg is one heck of a LSC partner, for those who haven't been out with him. And he can fish, too! You can learn a lot about light-line drift 'n drag from him. I was cranking and Gregg was dragging and I think he got about 3-4 fish for each of mine, despite tough conditions for drifting (heavy floating weeds and a strong north wind).

All in all, a fine day on the pond ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts