Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
A couple days ago I heard a news article on North Dakota NPR / national public radio.

I'll paraphrase,,,

First thing. is that only two states in the lower 50 states have a budget in the black
and have "EM"-plyoment on the RISE.
= North Dakota and Iowa.

Then,,, within the; North Dakota gov website,
there are 9000+ UNfilled professional jobs.

Then,,, in the last year the majority of all jobs filled through that website have been filled by people from out of state,,
(not ND residents)

Then,,, you will NEVER guess from which US state have the MOST job fillers come from?????

Go "M" ahead "I" and "C" just "H" try "I" to "G" guess" from "A" where "N".

OK so I'll just tell you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Michigan

NO Sh*t!!!!!!

I think that makes me some sort of a pioneer
Don't you??

God, it would be great if all the smokin hot female nymphos from Michigan would emigrate
to North dakota,,,,,,,,,

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
instead I'll just come back to Michigan in a few months when the winter puts a stop to all this power plant work.,,, and spend my money in Michigan

peace
pete 'theWelder'

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Yup, I have even heard from some friends that live there that a couple of companies have even had to fold their operations there and move to other states just because they can't fill jobs with qualified workers there.......

I think the only really bad thing about moving there would be the hard winters....Nothing like what we have here....

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I am in Central Texas....Dairy Queen is paying 12 dollars an hour.
I see help wanted signs every where from Dish Network Trucks to Police Departments.

How is that Hope and Change working for you up in Michigan?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(Powerboat1 @ Jul 6 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am in Central Texas....Dairy Queen is paying 12 dollars an hour.
I see help wanted signs every where from Dish Network Trucks to Police Departments.

it sucks, but it beats living in the middle of a couple thousand square miles of corn fields and badlands territory.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(Cadmonkey @ Jul 6 2009, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Powerboat1 @ Jul 6 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am in Central Texas....Dairy Queen is paying 12 dollars an hour.

it sucks, but it beats living in the middle of a couple thousand square miles of corn fields and badlands territory.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
QUOTE(Cadmonkey @ Jul 6 2009, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Powerboat1 @ Jul 6 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am in Central Texas....Dairy Queen is paying 12 dollars an hour.

These cornfields and badlands are tough living!

Attachments

·
Registered
22,943 Posts

And thats probably February too!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok sooooo,
I think that if you live in a low population area like ND,,, you can move to a populated area and adjust well.
but
I think that if you live in a crowded place like Michigan, then you go to "empty land" the lonelyness can be overwhelming.

other subject
Phesant hunting in michigan is treasured

Phesant in ND are a nuesance bird found overpopulated everywhere.
there is no closed season, the limit is 30 birds on public land with no limit on private land except whatever limit the landowner wishes to impose.

driving to work they play chicken with my truck on the side of the road.
they get out of the way in the last second.
in a 30 minute drive you will see at least 30 birds.
they are everywhere.

two nights ago i had to call 911 for an emergency,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
there was an escaped,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, COW in the road.

feeling this was an emergency,,,, (you could die hitting a COW),,,,
I called 911
she said,,,, ha,,,,, we see you calling from a 248 exchange,, where are you from,,
I said michigan,,,, she said,,,,, ha ha,, welcome to north dakota
then she said,,, Im going to transfer you to someone else and i want you to tell them
she transfered me and i repeated my report.
that lady said ha ha ,,, yea ok we'll get right on it,,,,ha ha,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ha
welcome to north dakota

I guess cows in the road happen ALL the time
ha ha.

Don't ya know,,, Aye??????

peace
pete

·
Registered
629 Posts
Don't knock the rural life style; who minds waiting for a cow to wander off the road? I worry more about all the deer at dusk.

Seriously; living an hour or so west of ND, this area isn't much different except that we aren't over loaded with ugly women.

The company I work for had to close down it's Watford City office due to lack of housing for new employees, like myself coming from out of state.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm glad to hear that there are jobs SOMEPLACE in this country. Good for you Pete, for doing good work out there. Its great to hear positive news for a change and that someone is doing well!
Keep the updates coming!

I suppose when push really comes to shove, others will join you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts