Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

962 views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  GaryDebs 
#1 ·
Just got off the phone with my husband and he said all the lanes are open!!!

YAY!!

#5 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Oct 8 2003, 09:36 AM)Yeah, but the ramp to Metro Parkway is still closed.

He did say the ramp from Metro to westbound 94 was open. You must mean the 94 west to Metro ramp. Now that looks like a mess!

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ya there open, but what did they do. the left lane is the same as before. So that whole lane was closed just for the work they did on the 16 mile overpass. Typical Bullsh!t. That whole freeway is crap. Don't you love the sign that say "Give our road workers a break".
Well thats fine, but how about giving us drivers a break and learn how to build roads that don't fall apart after two years.

#7 ·
i was totally thrilled to see all the lanes AND the little mack exit open... now if they'll just finish this HORSESH*T between harper & crocker on 16 AND open the exit @ 16 i'll be thrilled beyond belief!!!

sucks about the 94/75 interchange!! holy crap!

#8 ·
I had to go Downtown yesterday and this was my experience:

Head to 94 from 12 mi - get on the ramp to use the turnaround and the turnaround is closed so I am FORCED to get on 94 in the OPPOSITE direction to go way up out of my way to get off at gratiot to come up to turn around to get back on 94

then...

coming home on 75 N. to 94 E - ramp closed. Rerouted to 94 W, past the lodge to get off, turn around to get back on 94 in the direction I want to go.

Can't get off @ 12 mile - NOPE the ramp is closed. I FINALLY remember this now. So...I get off at 11 mile. Well QUESS WHAT? 11 & Harper is tore up so I have to drive past, go up, turn around, head back in the direction I want to go in. I know the drill by now.

It was irritating, irritating, irritating to say the VERY LEAST <_<

#9 ·
I would've blown a nut if I had to go through that

#10 ·
I zipped from 94 & the Lodge to the North River road exit in about a half hour last night. Too bad they couldn't have gotten this done at the BEGINNING of summer instead of the end. I think Bill and I (not to mention the drivers around us) aged several years pulling the boat thru the construction every weekend all summer long...

#12 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ Oct 8 2003, 10:34 AM)I had to go Downtown yesterday and this was my experience:

Head to 94 from 12 mi - get on the ramp to use the turnaround and the turnaround is closed so I am FORCED to get on 94 in the OPPOSITE direction to go way up out of my way to get off at gratiot to come up to turn around to get back on 94

then...

coming home on 75 N. to 94 E - ramp closed. Rerouted to 94 W, past the lodge to get off, turn around to get back on 94 in the direction I want to go.

Can't get off @ 12 mile - NOPE the ramp is closed. I FINALLY remember this now. So...I get off at 11 mile. Well QUESS WHAT? 11 & Harper is tore up so I have to drive past, go up, turn around, head back in the direction I want to go in. I know the drill by now.

It was irritating, irritating, irritating to say the VERY LEAST

Shandog.. feel your pain sister.. the day i got lost on my way to work was b/c of the not so easy access to the expressways around 12 mile AND 11 mile.

#13 ·
I KNOW IT IS FINALLY OPEN !
Problem........they been working there for a long time,that meens there are alot of dropped items, steel, debris, and stuff there.... ect....I got a flat tire there yesterday, had to change it there..... dropped it of to get fixed at discount, they found 5 pcs of steel in the tire ! 5 ! all like reinforcement style rod.
bummer, need a new tire, $130.00
but glad it's open ! be careful out there

#14 ·
QUOTE(All Jacked Up @ Oct 8 2003, 09:51 AM)Ya there open, but what did they do. the left lane is the same as before. So that whole lane was closed just for the work they did on the 16 mile overpass. Typical Bullsh!t. That whole freeway is crap. Don't you love the sign that say "Give our road workers a break".
Well thats fine, but how about giving us drivers a break and learn how to build roads that don't fall apart after two years.

I think it's a combination of bad construction to begin with and the fact that Michigan allows double the truck weight than other states.

#15 ·
Let me tell you what a pleasure it was going to Warren today!

My office is in Pontiac but had to go to Warren. Was running behind and was dreading traffic. I was on the hall overpass and noticed traffic was moving well.

Made my day!

#16 ·
QUOTE(garydebs @ Oct 8 2003, 05:05 PM)Let me tell you what a pleasure eating my lunch today. I had a special sandwich.

My office is in Pontiac but had to go to Warren. Was running behind and was dreading traffic. I was on the hall overpass and noticed traffic was moving well.

Made my day!

What kind of sandwich was that ?

#19 ·
This weekend will be busy...last weekend on a boat.

YES Boat horin again!

Takem when you can gettem!

#20 ·
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Oct 8 2003, 10:58 AM)i was totally thrilled to see all the lanes AND the little mack exit open... now if they'll just finish this HORSESH*T between harper & crocker on 16 AND open the exit @ 16 i'll be thrilled beyond belief!!!

sucks about the 94/75 interchange!! holy crap!
I'm hopin the BS in Downtown NB will be done soon....It was to be done before school opening!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.