Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met Convincor a little after 10am and we launched "Liquid Courage" from Harley
(his big butt SeaRay is named "Liquid Living").

As we left the Clinton the lake was like glass, a little morning fog and haze, this was gonna be one hot day.The Go Fasts from the Special Olympics Fun Run crossed in front of us heading down lake, what a sight.

We ran across the lake (yes we were wearing our PFD's Sassy) headed for the Strawberry Island
area.Thru the Baltimore Cut to the Sny, thru the Doty (at no wake EddieBauer) and into Fisher Bay. Stopped for a look and listen, we were the only boat there. Fish hitting bugs on the surface but there would be no fishing for us today, we had places to GO.

Hit the throttles, thru the Big Fisher Hwy, across the Middle Chanel to the Snook Hwy and into Little Moot for another stop and listen. Birds, frogs and way off in the distance, children playing.

A stop at Riverside for a couple of awesome Tashmoo Turkey subs. Steered some Riverside Newbies towards the Knots and got the "Thumbs Up" from them when they started eating.

A couple of "On Golden Pond" style woodys pulled in, but lunch and a couple of phone calls were over, and we were off and running down the South Channel to the Bassett.

Marsh as far as the eye could see, crystal clear water, only two other boats the whole way back downstream. The Bassett opened up back up to the lake, the wind and water were noticably cooler. Stopped for another look and listen, dunked my head in the Canadien drink and it was off again.

Past Seaway, the old dock, and around the horn to look for Oliver's Ledge, nearly invisible because of the high water.

Over to Gull, found Fitsus in the water, Sarge on the boat and the Shaggy crew hangin on what is left of the beach.

Back into The Moot for swim, water temp was perfect, had the bay to ourselves.
Gotta love these weekdays!

Headed back past the Octogon House, took a look at the sunken barges in the Middle Channel, across Goose Bay and back across the lake, which looked quite a bit different this time, a little windy with boat chop.

Back on the trailer by 3p.

I saw so many new areas of the lake, hundreds of cool cottages, ranging from shacks to mansions, some without electrcity. Lots of history out there.

What a great day with great company.
Convincor is an awesome tour guide and an excellent ambassador for our lake!

Thank You!

gt

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Man I want to do that someday!!!!!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
That sounds like great day, I am a bit jealous.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
That sounds like a great day, Im jealous!

I have all next week off, maybe I can talk someone into taking me fishing one day and maybe someone with a cool jet boat would take me for a ride another day

·
Registered
121 Posts
Great Post! I am sitting here in Cincinnati waiting for this weekend in order to start a one week vacation up there with the family. We come up about twice a month in the summer and this post has us excited to get back!

·
Registered
716 Posts
QUOTE(gradytom @ Jun 24 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I met Convincor a little after 10am and we launched "Liquid Courage" from Harley
(his big butt SeaRay is named "Liquid Living").

As we left the Clinton the lake was like glass, a little morning fog and haze, this was gonna be one hot day.The Go Fasts from the Special Olympics Fun Run crossed in front of us heading down lake, what a sight.

We ran across the lake (yes we were wearing our PFD's Sassy) headed for the Strawberry Island
area.Thru the Baltimore Cut to the Sny, thru the Doty (at no wake EddieBauer) and into Fisher Bay. Stopped for a look and listen, we were the only boat there. Fish hitting bugs on the surface but there would be no fishing for us today, we had places to GO.

Hit the throttles, thru the Big Fisher Hwy, across the Middle Chanel to the Snook Hwy and into Little Moot for another stop and listen. Birds, frogs and way off in the distance, children playing.

A stop at Riverside for a couple of awesome Tashmoo Turkey subs. Steered some Riverside Newbies towards the Knots and got the "Thumbs Up" from them when they started eating.

A couple of "On Golden Pond" style woodys pulled in, but lunch and a couple of phone calls were over, and we were off and running down the South Channel to the Bassett.

Marsh as far as the eye could see, crystal clear water, only two other boats the whole way back downstream. The Bassett opened up back up to the lake, the wind and water were noticably cooler. Stopped for another look and listen, dunked my head in the Canadien drink and it was off again.

Past Seaway, the old dock, and around the horn to look for Oliver's Ledge, nearly invisible because of the high water.

Over to Gull, found Fitsus in the water, Sarge on the boat and the Shaggy crew hangin on what is left of the beach.

Back into The Moot for swim, water temp was perfect, had the bay to ourselves.
Gotta love these weekdays!

Headed back past the Octogon House, took a look at the sunken barges in the Middle Channel, across Goose Bay and back across the lake, which looked quite a bit different this time, a little windy with boat chop.

Back on the trailer by 3p.

I saw so many new areas of the lake, hundreds of cool cottages, ranging from shacks to mansions, some without electrcity. Lots of history out there.

What a great day with great company.
Convincor is an awesome tour guide and an excellent ambassador for our lake!

Thank You!

gt
Great story,i wish i new the lake that well...........

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
WOW! Great!

Sound like an awesome day!!!

Great post Tom. Guess you wanted to make sure every one of us was jealous, uh?

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(Sheamus @ Jun 25 2009, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very Romantic! Was there much spooning?
HAHA Sounds like a great day!

Really, you should have seen the grin on Tom's face

You know I'm jealous

But I got to BBQ with the Liquid Courage twosome

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sounds like an awesome time. Great detail Tom, makes me feel like I was with you guys. Can't wait to get the jet ski out and follow Convincor around the lake for a tour like that.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Was definitely an awesome day. I love showing people the lake like that. Makes them realize how big it is and to see all those spots out there that the majority of boaters never see is an awesome feeling. There is so much beauty out there it is incredible.

Thanks for the thread Tom. Glad you were able to make it out. Gonna have to go again. Believe it or not, there is much more to see out there.

After dropping Tom off I picked up Steph and we blasted out to Gull Island and met up with Fitsus and Sargent. We made our little bonfire and cooked some dogs over the open fire. Left about 7:30 only to hook up with Area51 and his crew in front of MacRay's for the remainder of the evening. Got back to the dock after dark. Just awesome. Couldn't of asked for a better weekday of boating on the jet.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Awesome

If I don't get my outdrive back today as promised, I'll be on the news tonight.

J/K

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
what a great day for boating ! hope you weren't out there when that storm blew threw ?

we waited it out and then hit it with the skis

we were all over the flats...crossed north and middle channel...fisher bay...etc.

took cuts over to the moot, then gull, circled the lights...son was wanted a better look at the freighter
in the channel...then we came back thru the flats again.

Very kewl ride ydy. Son lved it

when we got back hub was on the dock waiting for us.
I think he was worried we were gone too long

Then of course..it was dad's turn to go out with our son....
and geeeeez...they were out for hours !

·
Registered
701 Posts
I saw you guys going by around 11:00 am you should have stop by I was in the house working on line

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sounds awesome! I'd love to do that one day. I know there are many places on the lake I haven't seen yet...

... and I didn't know you were such a great story teller GT!

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
QUOTE(eddiebauer @ Jun 25 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I saw you guys going by around 11:00 am you should have stop by I was in the house working on line

Dude! You should have poked your head out. I still don't know which one of those two houses are your yet. So I didn't want to go up to the wrong one. I only saw a center console tied to one of the docks. So, I couldn't tell if anyone was there or not. We most definitely would have stopped.

bummer!

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jun 25 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(eddiebauer @ Jun 25 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I saw you guys going by around 11:00 am you should have stop by I was in the house working on line

Dude! You should have poked your head out. I still don't know which one of those two houses are your yet. So I didn't want to go up to the wrong one. I only saw a center console tied to one of the docks. So, I couldn't tell if anyone was there or not. We most definitely would have stopped.

bummer!

Dom pointed it out to me once. It has windmills.

·
Registered
322 Posts
That was a good story, great read.... That is the kind of stuff we need to read more of here.... Just makes you want to go for a ride...

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(gradytom @ Jun 24 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We ran across the lake (yes we were wearing our PFD's Sassy)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE days when we boat like this. I'm glad you enjoyed it Tom, I heard about the big
on your face when we met up with Kevin and Di. Glad I was able to get out last night, fun time for sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts