Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Vertebrate Sky Fisherman Hat Fish
Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. First off, my buddy cancells. Then my boy doesn't want to go out. Oh sure I thought of making him going anyway, but I didn't want to hear him gripe for a couple of hours. Then I get a blow out on the trailer. After that the boat motor won't start, which was a first. I noticed the battery cable vibrated loose. Of course I tried to tighted the wing nut, and got a nasty burn on my fingers. When I finally got out ( a couple hours later than I had hoped), I couldn't get a bite.
I was ready to call it a day, when this smallie hit. It was in approximately 13 ft of water, by the Clinton River. The fish hit on a black wacky rig, twitched just above the weeds. It made three big runs. Apparently he thought he was part Steelhead. The fish was tough to land by myself. It measured a hair over 20" and weighed 4-12. It is not the best picture in the world, but like I said it was a tough day.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
That's the way it seems to go for me. The more problems I have during the day, the better it tends to be. Last spring we were going out to St. Clair when the trailer starts smoking. The brake came apart in the drum and was stuck, causing a huge amount of friction. We were able to fix it on the side of the road, and managed ot get out at around noon. I proceeded to catch a 6lb 1oz and a 5lb 7 oz, with my best 5 going 25lbs 15oz. Just awesome. Then, at the NBAA semi-pro those year, my partners van wouldn't start just as we were going to launch. After frantically trying to get it going it started just in time. Then, we spent all day on the water with no bilge pump, and the boat kept filling with water, By the end of the day it took us 2 minutes to get on plane. But we ended up coming in 5th place, and got big bass. Although having bad luck sucks, sometimes it pays off tin the end.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
QUOTE(Bassing Bill @ Sep 7 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It sounds like I need to head out with you icefishermanmark12. Those are some nice limits, but we could just skip the trailer problems.

no problems = no fish
That's just the way it seems to go for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.