Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
CNN Story

At a whopping 656 feet (nearly the length of two football fields), the ship would be 99 feet longer than the Eclipse, which became the largest private yacht on the water when Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich launched it last year. It would also cost in the range of $500 million to $900 million.

In addition to being massive, the futuristic design is replete with features that would impress even the most finicky mega yachtsman, including a 100-foot swimming pool and a health spa.

The plans call for a drive-in garage, two 98-foot day boats and a helipad with a hanger, so well-heeled skippers will be able to bring their other toys onboard.

Water Watercraft Boat Vehicle Naval architecture

Attachments

·
Registered
992 Posts
Isn't the hull supposed to stick out above the water to cut over it, not to cut into it. I don't think it would be a bad looking boat if they changed the hull design.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(CMB @ Feb 3 2010, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think its ugly. Just goes to show that money can't buy taste.

Definitly not easy on the eyes, but if you park if off the horizon you can take your helicopter or a prettier 98' tender to shore so you're not embarassed

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Feb 3 2010, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Isn't the hull supposed to stick out above the water to cut over it, not to cut into it. I don't think it would be a bad looking boat if they changed the hull design.
Yeah, almost looks like they were holding hull blueprints upside down.

Wow! That's amazing. A private yacht the size of small-ish cruise ship!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Someone is compensating for something....

·
&quot;Commodore of the ToT LoT&quot;
2,809 Posts
I hope the Cold War is REALLY over!! Ha Ha!!

Cheers!!

XO

·
Registered
310 Posts
QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Feb 3 2010, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Isn't the hull supposed to stick out above the water to cut over it, not to cut into it. I don't think it would be a bad looking boat if they changed the hull design.

You're right, it is designed to cut into the water. It's a wave-piercing hull. Designed to go thru waves rather than rise with them. Supposed to reduce speed loss when hitting the waves and reduce pitching. Need a narrow bow entry that reduces interior room, but this shouldn't be a big factor on a 600 plus foot boat.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(BigZ @ Feb 4 2010, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Feb 3 2010, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Isn't the hull supposed to stick out above the water to cut over it, not to cut into it. I don't think it would be a bad looking boat if they changed the hull design.

You're right, it is designed to cut into the water. It's a wave-piercing hull. Designed to go thru waves rather than rise with them. Supposed to reduce speed loss when hitting the waves and reduce pitching. Need a narrow bow entry that reduces interior room, but this shouldn't be a big factor on a 600 plus foot boat.

But I would think that with that design if they got going to fast the nose would dip down causing water to come over the boy. And also One more vote for the ugliest boat I have ever seen in my life and if I had that kind of money I still would want my boat to look bad a$$

1 - 16 of 16 Posts