Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, around 3 pm, a loser with a gambling problem pulled a bank robbery in Clinton Twp. His license plate was obtained by a witness and the Sterling Heights Police set up in the area of his residence in their city. When the loser neared his home, he observed a marked police car waiting for him and in his infinite wisdom decided to ram the police car. He struck the drivers side of the cruiser with such force, it ejected the 25 year old 2 year veteran of the Sterling Hgts Police dept. The officer sustained very serious head trauma. He was initially taken to Troy Beaumont Hospital, however his injuries being so severe, he was eventually taken to Royal Oak Beaumont where he is currently fighting for his life. Please pray for my comrade and his family..

The loser was caught a short time later after fleeing on foot...

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Bummer

Common sense isnt very common when your a dumb a$$. If only that guy burnded to death on the side of the road.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
My prayers go out to him and his family. My uncle is a Sterling PD and my father a CTP. When I saw the report I was worried for a little while it might of my uncle. Last year my dad lost a co-worker and friend while he was on duty. If Sterling loses this one it's been a rough 2 years for Macomb County.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I saw this on the news last night. This is the type of thing that I got pissed about with the two guys that burned to death on Sunday. Stupid, reckless, driver seriously injuring or killing someone else.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Certaintly this officer and his family have my thoughts and prayers......I hope he pulls through this with flying colors.

What a dumb @$$ person to do this cuz of their PROBLEM

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
I grew up in a family full of sheriff's deputies and police officers, as well as firemen. Fortunately none of my family were ever affected by ignorant criminals. It's VERY sad to hear aomething like this!!!!

My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. I hope like hell he pulls through and they get this guy on armed robbery AND attempted murder!!!!!

CBJ - EXACTLY what I was talking about in that thread. The ones who deserve never get it. I hope this a$$hole gets a good reaming from Bubba and his pals everyday for the next 50 years!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i saw it on the news last nite. it happened in dan's neighborhood in front of his best friend's house. glad to know the f'er was caught, because i don't recall them saying it in the newscast, only that two of the officers were ok and released from the hospital, and the other was in serious condition at RObeaumont.

my thoughts and prayers go out to the officer.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
May the lord please hear my prayers,
That I will be here with my family and friends for many years,
That doing my job isn't easy,
Being a cop, walking a beat, patrolling in a car,
Trying to make everyone's day as safe, as it can be,
Working a job sometimes called hell,
Hoping that the public can understand,
That like any of you,
I have a job to do.

© Paul Faulkenham 2000

A brave young person, we will pray that all will be well.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I saw that on the news last night too. Very sad! Our men in blue don't get as much recognition as they deserve sometimes. they never know what they might be facing on a daily basis.
My prayers go out once again to another officer injured in the line of duty.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is the latest on the injured officer.

He is currently in intensive care at Royal Oak Beaumont with severe head injuries. He is in a drug induced coma, which the doctors have taken him out of twice to check for any improvements. He reacts to light and sound when out of the coma, and attempts to speak but cannot.

At this time, according to the doctors, he has a 50/50 chance of surviving. Permanant brain damage appears to be highly likely.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with this officer and his family....

God Bless......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts