Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i did get out for a couple hours on sunday. cold and windy. ice about 5-6in solid & clear.
needed some practice jiggin and baggin the bottom for the eye's this weekend out on Saginaw bay. this cat actualy fought harder than any walleye!

Attachments

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE(chris24p @ Jan 4 2010, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well i did get out for a couple hours on sunday. cold and windy. ice about 5-6in solid & clear.
needed some practice jiggin and baggin the bottom for the eye's this weekend out on Saginaw bay. this cat actualy fought harder than any walleye!

I think me and a buddy are going to hit Stoney possibly tomorrow but for sure Weds. Ill be hunting for the pan variety myself though. Never ice fished it but we'll give it a shot. I'll probably bring a couple tip ups for some garaunteed action anyway if we cant find the crappies. I want to try and out do my 17''er I pulled out of there in the spring. I couldn't have caught the biggest fish in the lake. I think another state record is in there somewhere.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
FISHON i would just like to say that you are a beast when it comes to catching crappie. And thanks again for hooking me up with the info last spring, i had a blast catching those things. Im thinking of hitting stoney sometime this week for some pike tip-uping fishing, maybe ill see ya out there.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
hey didnt someone post a thread about wanting to catch cats thru the ice...wow...ask and ye shall receive. LOL way to go

·
Registered
44 Posts
QUOTE(chris24p @ Jan 4 2010, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well i did get out for a couple hours on sunday. cold and windy. ice about 5-6in solid & clear.

Are there people fishing out on the bay already.
Any info on ice or how far out you can go. I was going to go to saginaw river this weekend but if the bay is froze maybe ill go there.....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(---FISHON--- @ Jan 5 2010, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(chris24p @ Jan 4 2010, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well i did get out for a couple hours on sunday. cold and windy. ice about 5-6in solid & clear.

I think me and a buddy are going to hit Stoney possibly tomorrow but for sure Weds. Ill be hunting for the pan variety myself though. Never ice fished it but we'll give it a shot. I'll probably bring a couple tip ups for some garaunteed action anyway if we cant find the crappies. I want to try and out do my 17''er I pulled out of there in the spring. I couldn't have caught the biggest fish in the lake. I think another state record is in there somewhere.

i have caught many nice crappie through the ice @ stoney. problem is now they're gettin kinda rare through the ice. if you do go try off of the beach(eastwood i think,on the south side of the park?) out a couple hundred yards bout 12-13fow,small minnows are the key. bigger ones or shiners for the tip-up. i know pike and some walleye rome, but also rare.
good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.