Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Does anyone know of any decent sit down restaurants on the water near Metro / Selfridge / Anchor Bay that we can pull up our boat and eat at?
It will be three of us...I have a licence, my wife doesnt, and my 7 year old daughter. How many poles are allowed for trolling Muskies?
Alsdo, any suggestions on areas we should concentrate on to get into a Muskie would be great.
Tight lines to all!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
the only resturant that i know of is mac n rays in anchor bay near selfridge. as for muskie trolling, it states in the dnr book that you are allowed 3 rod/reels per person. so with 2 of u, sinceyour wife has no license, are allowed 6 rods .i would try anchor bay or if you have canuck license go south shore.

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE(flocknocker @ Jul 9 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Does anyone know of any decent sit down restaurants on the water near Metro / Selfridge / Anchor Bay that we can pull up our boat and eat at?
It will be three of us...I have a licence, my wife doesnt, and my 7 year old daughter. How many poles are allowed for trolling Muskies?
Alsdo, any suggestions on areas we should concentrate on to get into a Muskie would be great.
Tight lines to all!!

Lately we've been taking the boat to The Tin Fish Resort in Fair Haven. You'd think it would be expensive when you docked, but the prices for burgers are really competitive with regular street restaurants. If you go there on Mondays or Tuesdays (all day and night inside at the bar or at the TIKI SEATS outside) you can get dollar burgers, fish sandwiches, and chicken sandwiches and ANY domestic beer for a buck. Thursday they have that same deal on the food but the beer is regular price. A burger price is like 7 or 8 bucks and that includes fries. They have a full menu, it's probably posted online. Sandwiches are all priced pretty good and it has that "vacation feel" if you sit outside. My wife had our wedding shower there on the deck and everyone loved it.

Right near that is a place where you can get muskie if you troll near Selfridge or Salt River. I've had a LOT of luck with muskie near the mouth of Salt River. Nothing spectacular, but it's usually just me in the boat and I don't have anyone to help me net anything anyhow.

·
Sponsor Since 02-09
290 Posts
QUOTE(flocknocker @ Jul 9 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Tight lines to all!!

There's another restaurant, Crews Inn right around the corner on the clinton river. You can stop by the store, pull up by car or boat (right across from selfridge boat ramp) and we can point out the spots on a map. Your wife can buy a 1 day license for $7 if desired. As mentioned above between Salt river and Selfridge for muskie!...........Good Luck, Jerry

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
All of the above info is spot on. You can also pull up and dock down in the 9 mile marina area and eat at Jacks. It's pricing would be medium as you can get an $8 burger and fries or a $25 steak.

2 licenses on the US side = 6 rods for trolling.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(flocknocker @ Jul 10 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now, Since my daughter is 7 years old, she needs no licence, but is she allowed 3 poles????
Yes, and she is allowed her own limit of fish in US waters, in Canadian waters, her catch counts against your limit. She isn't required to have a license of her own until she reaches the age of 17.

·
Registered
735 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 10 2009, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(flocknocker @ Jul 10 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now, Since my daughter is 7 years old, she needs no licence, but is she allowed 3 poles????
Yes, and she is allowed her own limit of fish in US waters, in Canadian waters, her catch counts against your limit. She isn't required to have a license of her own until she reaches the age of 17.

and in canada, until she turns 18 she wont need a license, but you can get her one and then she would be able to have her own limit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts