Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
It was a great day yesterday, well only if you don't count the guy that was on the boat next to us. He was cool, but the two inch gash he got on his leg from falling off the boat into the propeller was not cool. I was getting light headed from just looking at it.

Oh, one other little thing. I guess I should apologize to the z-man's friend, I didn't realize that the universe revolved around his friend with the the 40ft Searay (talking trash). I'm tied up in the guantlet just oppisite of z-man's boat, so this guy pulls up in this Searay in front of all our boats and z-man starts asking all of us across from him "Hey can you guy's split apart and let this guy in" I turn around and see this Searay and say to myself, there's no way I'm untieing to try and fit this 15ft wide boat in. Thats pretty much what all the other boats next to me said as well. Is that BS or what? I guess some people just think there better than everyone else. If you want to be by z-mans boat, than don't show up at 3:00 and expect everone to move for you. It really wasn't a big deal, that kind of thing just p?sses me off.

Other than that it was a great day

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Some people just think they can do anythng!

·
Registered
562 Posts
You shoulda let him....he usually has a few pretty hot ladies onboard that give a good show from the back of his boat. He quite freely hands out beers to everyone too. Hes the guy who picks up all the trash from the Gull Island parties in an attempt to keep the place usable so the we all don't just get banned from using it (although Lt Krul from the St Clair Sheriff dept stays up at night trying to think up ways to make the whole island a "no tresspassing" zone)......

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
QUOTEformulaf302 Posted on Aug 31 2003, 10:11 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You shoulda let him....he usually has a few pretty hot ladies onboard that give a good show from the back of his boat. He quite freely hands out beers to everyone too. Hes the guy who picks up all the trash from the Gull Island parties in an attempt to keep the place usable so the we all don't just get banned from using it (although Lt Krul from the St Clair Sheriff dept stays up at night trying to think up ways to make the whole island a "no tresspassing" zone)......

Thats cool that he does all that, but he can't expect everyone to know who he is and move there boats when he show's up. It's one thing if you ask a bunch of people you know to let you in, but to stroll up and say hey all you people that I don't know, can you move your boats and let ME in. Thats just something I wouldn't do. FYI no hot chics on his boat, just two guy's and a kid?

·
Registered
530 Posts
If he had a kid onboard he really shouldn't park right off the back of z mans boat anyway. really.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(formulaf302 @ Aug 31 2003, 10:11 AM)(although Lt Krul from the St Clair Sheriff dept stays up at night trying to think up ways to make the whole island a "no tresspassing" zone)......
kinda like the dean from faber college putting delta house on double secret probation?

everyday i deal with people who think they are 'someone' and no, it's not a pleasure to say the least. it drives me crazy, too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
"LET'S TALK TRASH" is the boat that provides all the garbage barrels and removes much of the garbage off gull island for jobbienooner 1 & 2. He's worth cutting some slack to. The owner of the boat is in the business..... hence the name on his boat.

G

·
Hey Al, nice to meet you at the fun run and out at Sand Is today, welcome to the board.

If you see Tom, tell him to post the fun run pics already!!!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
A lot of boaters out there pick up trash and try to keep the island clean. Does that mean we give special privelages to them too? Or is it just the one that brings the trash barrel?

My .02

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Everyone should pick up their own trash!!! I would not have untied my boat either, nobody owns the lake, no matter if your friends with Z man or not. If you want to be near him get their early.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Talking Trash can keep it...he's the guy that ran over my anchor line at the Tin Fish when he got so drunk and couldn't drive his boat. I've called this guy many times to get it back. The least he can do is call back. I would not have let him in either. I don't care who he is or what he does for a living. Just because he's got a 40' Sea Ray doesn't make him any better than anybody else. By the way I hope he chokes on my anchor.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have a 9 ft jet ski... would you guys let me in?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Just so you know Lt. Krul has little to say about gull. It's owned by the army corp of eng, and the land mass is Clay twp's problem. We just enforce the rules on the water. When we do go on the island a Clay officer is with us. He makes the arrest. We are just there to assist the clay department.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Wow! We used to move all the time and people have moved for us numerous times, as a matter of fact, they did it a couple weekends ago. People just want to be by their friends..it's just being neighborly.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
how about the jackass who has to leave at 3 o'clock and decides to be in the middle of the line, use your head, if you know you are leaving early don't tie off in the middle of the gautlet, it's a pain in the a$$ having to close the gap

·
Registered
465 Posts
QUOTEDeuce-Five Posted on Sep 2 2003, 08:01 AM

how about the jackass who has to leave at 3 o'clock and decides to be in the middle of the line, use your head, if you know you are leaving early don't tie off in the middle of the gautlet, it's a pain in the a$$ having to close the gap

That's kind of harsh.
Who ties up in the middle? OK, except for "Talkin Trash"....
I'm sure they were on the end when they tied up!
If you have to leave early, should you tell poeple who try to raft off, "hey, I'm leaving in a few hours, don't tie up next to me!"?
Or should you NOT be able to join the raft unless you're staying 'till dark?

It's just an un-avoidable inconvienence....

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
it is possible to drop anchor behind the main line-up so as to not incovience everyone when you decide to leave early

true he may have been an "end" when he originally tied off but you know your position in relation to the Z-Mans boat that you will end up as a middle

i've been dropping anchor outside the line as of recently due to the damage and chaos I've seen recently from boats taking off and arriving with no consideration to others

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Deuce-Five @ Sep 2 2003, 09:17 AM)I've been dropping anchor outside the line as of recently due to the damage and chaos I've seen recently from boats taking off and arriving with no consideration to others
Two Saturdays ago some guy (in a go-fast, sorry
) started his engines and took off with a guy standing in the water right behind his boat! WTF! HELLO! The guy in the water screamed and jumped back to avoid loosing some body parts.

Same Saturday I saw Deuce, his wife and crew pull up (early afternoon) and anchor out of the raft off.....So as to not make everyone untie, move and retie all their boats....It's a pain in the butt. If you want next to Zman then get there early and plan to stay late. Why spoil everyone's else fun with having to deal with you. I think there is enough to watch out for....My .02 worth.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I believe were all trying to describe how to have a little commom courtesy for our fellow boaters. I think it's pretty simple, to me common courtesy is basically not being an inconvenience or the least amount of inconvenience as possible. All though don't ask 'THE WIZ' about me and his bathroom, but thats another story. As mentioned above if I know I'm leaving early, I will anchor outside of the raft, seems simple enough. Some people just don't get it, but your alway's going to have those people to deal with.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts