Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today went to the dumping grounds. In the early morning went for walleye, caught 1 nice walleye 17 in. and a bunch of perch (Some were to tiny to keep). At about 10:15 switched to my favorite, Muskie. Caught one on a black frog (not to sure what the lure is called) 38in. 15 pounds. Second Muskie was on a Mason Yellow bellie Couch Dog. It was my friends first Muskies!!!! Posted Below. They got tired of muskie fish, so i started heading in when i seen these two guys casting that white and red markerlight house, every cast they brought in a bass!!!! They must be pro's!!!!! Best day in awhile!!!

Happy Fishin
NJB

·
Registered
103 Posts
The last two mornings 6am to 10:30am, I have been spending jigging the north ridge of the pickerel hole near peche island. Yesterday I used a 3/8 blue Northland glow with a paddle tail worm and managed to pick up two nice walleye and plenty of large drum as well as two muskie. As for the walleye, one over twenty-six inches that went back in the water and another around 20" that made it to the freezer. Today I managed to pick up four more three under 18.1" and one over. Jigged in 20 FOW along a narrow line. Time and patience is all it took. Saw a curious thing, there was something swimming on the top of the water. From a distance it looked like a snake swimming through the water with his head up. When I got closer I realized that it was a fish. Figured it must be a muskie. When I got right up on it I realized that it was a pike about 7lbs swimming with his head out of the water. When the fish saw me that was it his little dance was over as he headed for the bottom. Strange.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Looks like a good day on the water.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As long as the weather is good everyday on the water is a good day. I'll tell ya though those nasty little bugs were autrcious this morning especially since there was no wind. I guess that's why they call them bugs eh?

·
Registered
223 Posts

Tinman,

where abouts is this re/white light marker you mentioned in your report?? Always looking for a new place to stretch a line.

Basseye

1 - 9 of 9 Posts