Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Made it out a few times last week while on vacation. Over the course of 3 trips we ended up 21 for 30.
Here's my son getting the skunk out of the boat with the first fish boated. (actually I think it was the 1st fish of our 2nd trip)

Here's Jr with a 49 ½

This young man on the left landed his 1st Muskie 50 ¼

And this young man on the left had never caught anything bigger than a Bluegill - a fairly heavy 51 ½

This was our longest fish caught 53

A good time was had by all!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Quick questions, how many hours per trip on average?
Was it in the morning or afternoon?

Thanks in advance
Bill

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We fished the Canadian side. Left the dock at approx 7:30 AM (about an hour ride from my place) and had lines in the water for approx 6 hours.

·
Registered
869 Posts
QUOTE(Gone Fishing @ Jul 9 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We fished the Canadian side. Left the dock at approx 7:30 AM (about an hour ride from my place) and had lines in the water for approx 6 hours.

Thanks, just wondering. I have not been able to put one in longer then 4-5 hours with out the wife calling asking when I'm going to be home.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(Muskie_Addict @ Jul 9 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Gone Fishing @ Jul 9 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We fished the Canadian side. Left the dock at approx 7:30 AM (about an hour ride from my place) and had lines in the water for approx 6 hours.

Thanks, just wondering. I have not been able to put one in longer then 4-5 hours with out the wife calling asking when I'm going to be home.

Uhm, who answers the phone when they're fishing?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I live near the lake and mounted a 27 foot vhf antenna to the top of my chimney. Even if my cell has no coverage, she can get me on the radio no matter where I'm at!

·
Registered
869 Posts
QUOTE(Gone Fishing @ Jul 9 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah, I live near the lake and mounted a 27 foot vhf antenna to the top of my chimney. Even if my cell has no coverage, she can get me on the radio no matter where I'm at!

Too funny!
I wish I could get her hooked then it would not be an issue, oh well when my son gets older she can't complain anymore if I take him with me.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
[/quote]
[/quote]

next time forget to grab your phone on the way out

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Nice fish John. The head on the one Matt is holding is HUGE. Are you going to give the perch a try when we're in Wheatley/Erieau?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(Canuck @ Jul 9 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice fish John. The head on the one Matt is holding is HUGE. Are you going to give the perch a try when we're in Wheatley/Erieau?
Hopefully I can get my truck tranny fixed by then and get up there. I'm working on it but the guy is a tad busy. If I can make it, as much as I love my Perch fishing, I don't think I could drop a Perch rig down there with all those Steelies swimming around. I really look foward to that trip! No cleaning weeds, no cleaning 200 Perch, just set lines and wait for the fish to explode out of the water! What I blast! I'm going to call the mechanic right now and pester him some more. Hope to see ya up there!

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
You'll be there. Offer still stands...I know you want to go for a week, but if it's keeping you from just doing the weekend you can use my Denali.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(Canuck @ Jul 9 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You'll be there. Offer still stands...I know you want to go for a week, but if it's keeping you from just doing the weekend you can use my Denali.
I don't know man, we both might need new transmissions!

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
QUOTE(Gone Fishing @ Jul 9 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Canuck @ Jul 9 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You'll be there. Offer still stands...I know you want to go for a week, but if it's keeping you from just doing the weekend you can use my Denali.

How much does your boat weigh?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Canuck @ Jul 9 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Gone Fishing @ Jul 9 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Canuck @ Jul 9 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You'll be there. Offer still stands...I know you want to go for a week, but if it's keeping you from just doing the weekend you can use my Denali.

How much does your boat weigh?

About 10K without anything for fishing or the steel triple axle trailer and you know me, I don't pack light!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts