Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out with my father in law on saturday and got some nice crappie. I was fishing about an hour before daylight by myself because he didnt want to get up that early and by the time he met me out there I had 16 on the ice. The bite slowed after daylight and he called it a day but I stuck it out and they turned on about 30minutes after he left. I guess hes bad luck. The walleye are from a few weeks ago. I caught most the crappie in 8FOW on a white and black teardrop, tipped with a waxworm and minnow. The waxie was to hide the hook because after daylight they seemed to be very hook shy.

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(lilfisher_bigfish @ Jan 28 2010, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>where is the lsc canal? 9 mine canal??

Yes. And the trick with the waxie seemed to make all the difference. Before I tryed that they would come in and jus look at it, but didnt want anything to do with the minnow alone.

·
Registered
210 Posts
yes i had trouble with that too. just come check it out taste it a little then leave ill have to try it with the waxie worms saturday.
did you get anything with spons or rapalas?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(lilfisher_bigfish @ Jan 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yes i had trouble with that too. just come check it out taste it a little then leave ill have to try it with the waxie worms saturday.
did you get anything with spons or rapalas?

Didn't have much luck with spoons, but i think that may have been due to the size of the hook because i usually do good with them on crapps. But the teardrop i was using was a bit larger than average, about an inch or a bit longer from the top of the eye to the bottom of the hook.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts