Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Beautiful! (I'm talking about the writing.)

So apparently, the 'scientist' who is causing all this ruckus isn't really being a scientist on this issue, but trying to pretend her opinions are scientific fact. Kind of like how a few biologists pretend to be practicing scientific management when they are really 'managing' with their bias. Same old story.

Another great example why you shouldn't make major decisions based on one study from one source, especially if you aren't intimately familiar with the science and/or don't know anything about the 'researcher.'

That's why I call them and talk to them.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
,..I liked the article too,...and I wrote Michelle a thank you note for helping our "cause"...LOL We should ALL drop her a line and say THANKS!!
FYI----her email is: [email protected]

Mac

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Great article. Peeps that fish in Michigan need to remember that we have Angler Harassment laws here. If anyone intentionally interfers with your fishing, you can have them arrested. Just another reason to love this great state of ours.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MAC...

I also sent her an email when I first read the article. When we find positive support for our "cause" it always a good idea to recognize the writer. We can always use positive writing.

·
Registered
99 Posts
With all the problems in this world you would think that the scientific researchers would have more to worry about then do fish feel pain?

I agree that fisherpeople are more likely to enjoy, conserve and protect the wildlife than the PETA people.

PETA is nothing more than people with more money than brains trying to lay a guilt trip on the rest of us. Wacko's who will continue to do resarch till it gives them the results they want and who are unwilling to let us enjoy the freedoms this country gives us and THEM.

PETA = PEOPLE ENGAGED in TORTUREING ANGLERS

·
Registered
234 Posts
Whatever PETA represents, as long as they don't disregard the law, I have no problem with their exercise of freedom of speech, of assembly, or of any other legal right. No doubt their membership feels their actions are justified. That's fine, too.

But the minute they harass you or me and thus break the law, they will face the consequences. No need to do anything other than inform the local sheriff or police or C.O. and let the pros do their job.

I was harassed by anti-hunting activists awhile ago while bird hunting. I restrained myself and calmly called the county sheriff's office which sent out a young officer who dispersed my harassers and made sure they didn't pursue me into the field.

I understand some of the PETA chapters have access to watercraft and use them to accost fishermen. That's a good reason to carry a marine radio or cel phone on the water, just in case you get pestered away from the launch and need to call law enforcement. Do try your best not to behave poorly - that way we will reflect well on our chosen sport and our fishing brothers and sisters.

Mike

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I have been following Michelle's perspectives for a few years now and I can tell you she is extremely intelligent and insightful (not to mention beautiful). Her books and essays on other subjects that are somewhat related are excellent. I count myself and my wife as real fans of hers and if you ever get a chance to see her on Fox News Channel or any other channel that is lucky enough to get her, I recommend that you do so. She will open your eyes with her comments and viewpoints which are full of so much common sense that she will blow you away. She also has op-ed columns in the Detroit News on a weekly basis. The Free Press would never print her which should tell you a lot.

I read this article on the 13th and am sorry to say that I never thought to post it on this site. Sorry,

Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Being a dedicated fisherman, hunter, and general outdoorsman, I am disgusted with PETA. Humankind is at the top of the food chain, and need not apologize. I regularly practice catch and release on green fish (trout and salmon are so tasty), self restraint on birds that may not be collected cleanly, and if it were possible, I would gladly practice catch and release bird hunting.
Anytime a fish or gamebird has expired in my possesion it is bittersweet, intentional or otherwise. It has never been the kill, it has always been about the thrill of the chase, the knowledge required and gained, and the comaraderie of fathers, wives, sons, daughters, etc.
These are things that liberal bleeding hearts will never appreciate.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I am a proud member of P.E.T.A.; People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts