Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine and brother firefighter was badly burned in a fire this morning in highland park. i do not have all of the details as of yet so i dont want to say to much on here...im stuck at my station and all i have heard is what supposedly happened. but the medics said he had at least 40% of his body burned including neck back and arms. 2nd and 3rd degree burns. i have never been burned but i have seen burned victems and heard stories....the worst part is what come after you have been burned...the medical treatment...the scrubbing...skin grafts...a hell that no one should have to endure.
two firefighters were transported to the ER and i dont know the other guy but i hear that his burns are less serious....regardless, they will both need our prayers. the power of a positive thought and a prayer or two too the big guy can go a llooooong way.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Prayers sent

heard this early this morning on the news

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the guys that i am talking about helped pull a family of five out of a blazing home last summer....among who knows how many other lives were saved because he was there with his brothers decided to live the life of a firefighter.

·
3,236 Posts
That is terrible. The damned fire was probably intentionally set given the location, although I pray I am worng. You have all of my positive thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery. I have a very close family member who received 3rd degree burns on about 25% of his body, mainly in the leg area, many years ago. Although he endured a few surgeries and grafts to get their he has 100% mobility back and the injuries do not prevent him from doing any of the athletic activities or other activities that he enjoys so much. If your buddy gets down maybe you can share that story with him so he can see their is light at the end of the tunnel. Prayers sent.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Tony @ Jun 29 2009, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That is terrible. The damned fire was probably intentionally set given the location, although I pray I am worng. You have all of my positive thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery. I have a very close family member who received 3rd degree burns on about 25% of his body, mainly in the leg area, many years ago. Although he endured a few surgeries and grafts to get their he has 100% mobility back and the injuries do not prevent him from doing any of the athletic activities or other activities that he enjoys so much. If your buddy gets down maybe you can share that story with him so he can see their is light at the end of the tunnel. Prayers sent.

def a good story to share

·
Registered
691 Posts
prayers sent

my grandfather was a Detroit fireman. He was burned in a fire and I remember my mom saying saying she was scared to see him after because he looked like a mummy all wrapped up.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Big prayers sent~being burned is a horribly painful thing to go through. Thank god for the burn center and the people that work there. A even bigger thank you to our fire fighters! They are awesome!

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
I have had friends close and not so close in the PD and FD for most of my life, I am sure it is as tough as it gets to have someone so close get burned. Our prayers are with you and him and your families.

·
Registered
166 Posts
prayers sent

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Wow!

Prayers sent.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks alot for the prayers and thoughts...i will update on how he is doing... and if they put anything together as far as a collection goes

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Prayers sent for a fellow Fire Fighter!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts