Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having a fine day on the lake with the SeaDoo. I was greeted by the Sheriff at the end of the day for running a little late from a long day out. She presented me with a wonderful paper souvenir where, now i will have to go to court and share all my wealth (yeah right) with St Clair Co.
<_<
<_<

WONDERFUL DAY!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
What a bummer!! What's the deal, do you have to be in before sundown? Did you try and tell her that your SeaDoo is too slow?

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Excellent choice of words!
Just like Rob, I would like to know what the whole story is?

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I believe the law states "you must be off the water ONE hour before sunset"!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(afiremen @ Jun 8 2004, 10:38 PM)I believe the law states "you must be off the water ONE hour before sunset"!
Yes, you are suppost to be off the water 1 hour before dusk. I was just under 20 minutes late.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
So what time was or is this?
I'm not trying to be a smarty pants I would like to know so I don't end up with the same "prize"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sunset changes throughout the year, but on this perticular day, sunset is 9:06. THey stopped me about 25minutes after 8pm.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jun 8 2004, 09:59 PM)Sunset changes throughout the year, but on this perticular day, sunset is 9:06. THey stopped me about 25minutes after 8pm.
WOW! It was still light out at that time.

I know thry just want to get rich off of the poor innocent any way that they can.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, why is it always the Sheriff? Can the U.S. Coast Gaurd write the same ticket? If they can, than why aren't they out there trying to make money?

All the coast gaurd people I know and know of are helpful, compassionate, freindly and will give a wave and a smile to the fellow boater. I have never gotten a wave from the sheriff boats out there. Oh, wait a minute......I got a wave tonight. They were waving at me to come over to their boat and give me a ticket.
I know this ticket I got is fueling the fire behind my anger and frustration right now, but it's pretty bad that the on-the-water Sheriff has this reputation out there for treating us boaters the way they do.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
the ticket is probably cuz you left me stranded there the day of the black out...the nice sherriffs let me use their ship-to-shore device to call you and you never came to get me. even in the blackout, i was only an hour late. not bad considering what i had to go through to get there.

in all honesty, sorry to hear about the ticket.

bbeeeeatch! that's to the sherriff.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Bill

In all light, I rather hear you got a ticket, vs reading a PWC'r was killed.

Look at it that way.

I was hunting in a wooded area, came in to camp an had to visit the side of a tree(wasn't gonna tel the CO that
)
I was ticketed for no orange. I tried arguing that I was not hunting(just planting seeds
). His comment is that I rather write you this ticket than call home to your wife..... <_< Just paid it and sucked it up to experience. We built a lean to after

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
trust me coasties give out tickets too. i did the three at one time ticket lucky drawing with them...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
They will always come back with the all famous saying..."You should know the rules before going out on a PWC, ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law"

Don't worry the judge will probably just make you take another boaters safety course.

Should have told him that your boat ran out of gas and this was the only way home.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I talked to a girl I work with and her brother got one last year. $50.00. She also told me that he has been pulled over a few times since then, "targered". Becarefull Billy Boy. so sucky to hear about the ticket!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
What if you installed lights on your PWC?

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jun 9 2004, 08:15 AM)What if you installed lights on your PWC?

I can't quite picture that.... would you mind photoshopping that for us?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Jun 9 2004, 08:36 AM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jun 9 2004, 08:15 AM) What if you installed lights on your PWC?

I can't quite picture that.... would you mind photoshopping that for us?
It was a joke, but I probably do something.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Bummer
Sorry to hear this Bill.
I was coming back into Beacon Cove yesterday about 8:15pm and saw the Blue Sheriff lights to the south (near the launch/access) looked like they were doing the same thing.... i'm sure it's all about the money.....what happened to the "To Protect and Serve part"?

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jun 8 2004, 11:20 PM)yes, why is it always the Sheriff? Can the U.S. Coast Gaurd write the same ticket? If they can, than why aren't they out there trying to make money?

All the coast gaurd people I know and know of are helpful, compassionate, freindly and will give a wave and a smile to the fellow boater. I have never gotten a wave from the sheriff boats out there. Oh, wait a minute......I got a wave tonight. They were waving at me to come over to their boat and give me a ticket.
I know this ticket I got is fueling the fire behind my anger and frustration right now, but it's pretty bad that the on-the-water Sheriff has this reputation out there for treating us boaters the way they do.
when I got my ticket from the coasties I was told (not sure if it's true), that I had to go to the coast guard court in west virginia if i wanted to dispute the ticket (i wrote letters to no avail), at least with the sherriff you can go to a local court and fight it (or at least get assigned trash duty on the side of I-94)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts