Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Crazy isn't the word, but notice it's from 2008. When it first broke as news, people freaked the eff out. Part of the explaination for ammo prices and hoarding. Michigan wasn't on the list, but just word of it was enough to send some people into a panic.
But stop and think about how unenforceable somethign like this would be. How many people are just going to turn in their ammo?(not me) What about those lucky ones who reload?(not me either, yet) I won't say it could never happen, but I do think it would have a hard time passing.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
It is basically a coding system for ammunition for pistols and assault weapons.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
I'm not an idiot. None of you look like idiots. So why do they keep trying to treat us like idiots?

Oh I know, the idiots are in charge.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 22 2009, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What does the bill intail? I am sure it sucks a$$, but what is it?
They want to micro-stamp a serial number on every shell casing as a means of identifying it.
At best it would teach people to collect spent brass. Watch how soon the revolver crowd gets bigger, you might see less criminals using bottom feeders

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Yup, that is dumb. Ammo can alreadyt be traced by, primers and powder to a certain batch at a manufacturer. Why an id #. Once again penalize the good citizen, and not the criminal, what a f*ck!ng genius govt we have!!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea it blows, Also would include a minium of a .05 cent tax on each round to pay for the program They also would fine people cought with un serialized ammo with a progression scale for times cought. Tell me that aint some BS I think were screwed with a goverment that is more crooked and corrupt than the criminals. For them its legal, If it were us we would be in jail !

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Who exactly was it that introduced these bills?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
QUOTE(Toothy Grin @ Sep 3 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Who exactly was it that introduced these bills?

A company that does the encoding on ammo donated a wad of cash to politicians all over the country. These politicians introduced the legislation, but it never made it past committee. But it does show us that politicians will align themselves with any anti-gun group for money & we need to keep an eye on what they're doing!!

source: http://www.factcheck.org/2009/01/ammunitio...untability-act/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.