Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....just blew through here!! The winds came up so hard, it blew the life jackets out of my garage. Anchor Bay Dr is closed, there is a downed tree & live wires. Hope everyone is safe on the lake!!

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
YIKES !!! When I saw this I called home...hub said things blew over...but it's done now.
whew !

I know some peeps are at the moot..hope they are ok.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I watched the storm on radar, it just clipped us here on the east side of the lake & Algonac. It didn't make it to the Moot, they may have had some wind.

Is there power on ABD? The police said it would be closed down for a minimum of one hour. That was at 4:00.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Channel 7 just said there are more storms dropping down from the north & if you're on the lake, keep an eye to the sky, the wind may kick up hard.

They also said that earlier storm produced wind gusts of 60MPH that took down trees in Algonac.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
live wires down from the second bridge......sheesh !!

but...good news....we have power !!

man o man...

what is with the weather ???????

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
we lost a tree last year...or almost...we managed to save it....but it is slow to bloom...its not dead...but no leaves yet..its a maple

I'll tell ya..that wind off the bay is killer sometimes.

makes me think we should brace up all the trees coz the one that went down was pretty thick.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Jazzy405 @ Jun 20 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>....just blew through here!! The winds came up so hard, it blew the life jackets out of my garage. Anchor Bay Dr is closed, there is a downed tree & live wires. Hope everyone is safe on the lake!!
Again! wow~we never saw anything in Warren or Troy today. Must have been a quick cloud burst.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Just missed the Moot. But it sure got windy!!!!!

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
At 4:00 it got real dark by our place(near Munchies) and very windy. We were on the way to Algonac Harbour Club. By the time we got to Algonac it was raining so hard you couldn't see at one point.

Realized I forgot something turned around. We got to Pearl Beach and it was bone dry.

Our neighbors were at Deckers with their jet boat and they said it never rained.

Very odd storm.

Matt

·
Registered
602 Posts
It was weird. We're on Flamingo and and we had one burst of wind and I think small hail that lasted no more than 30 seconds. Took a bunch of small branches off one of our trees. After that, nothing, although we could see it (on radar too) hitting Algonac in waves. It just went barely to the east of us.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(TheParamour @ Jun 21 2009, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It was weird. We're on Flamingo and and we had one burst of wind and I think small hail that lasted no more than 30 seconds. Took a bunch of small branches off one of our trees. After that, nothing, although we could see it (on radar too) hitting Algonac in waves. It just went barely to the east of us.

I'm at M29 & Anchor Bay Dr, next to Munchies Bay. The wind whipped through here hard, then we had pounding rain for about 10 mins.

·
Registered
413 Posts
We were in the moot yesterday we left about 3:45pm.

IT WAS VERY DARK.....we bolted. Very wavy in my little 19ft.

middle of the lake had 6-8 ft swells. crusied back at 10 knots.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
We debated about just hanging around Beacon Cove last evening; decided to go for a short ride to Metro. The huge black cloud blocked out the sun and the wind kicked up but no rain. We headed back around 8:30 PM and found out that Beacon got soaked.

For once in my boating life I finally dodged a storm.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
I was teaching yday and around that time, I noticed the clouds to the north looked very bizarre- several anvil shaped clouds (which can be indicative of high winds/storms). Strange enough, no rain or tumultuous wind over here on my side of the lake!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
We were at the moot yesterday. About 4:30 the bugs/moths got so bad we couldn't stand it. We took off around 5:00 and went to Riverside for dinner. When we got there, they said they had alot of wind that blew everything over. We had missed it.

We hung around, ate, and headed back to the moot planning on staying overnight. We had just got past the hook and was coming up about the condos when a big gust of wind caught the bimini top and it busted the buckles on both the straps that hold it down.

So we boot up the bimini and head back to the marina. Stodge went to West Marine to see if he could get new straps. They had just closed. On the way back he called and said he thought of a low tech way to fix it until we find the new straps.

At least we got to stay at the marina last night and hang out on the water again today. It was a very low key weekend for us on the lake but we never got rained on after the Friday night storms.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts