Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This poor guy, I am saying this assuming he is new to the lake because I have never seen the boat before. Take into account it was the day of Jobbienooner and the actions he took, I am assuming he is new or very unfamiliar with the area.
So I say poor guy. I got in my inflatable to go help hime but he was already to our channel inside the harbor.

None the less, he came out from the the old Garwoods canal, hung a right and followed the shoreline south towards our marina. My only assumption is he noticed the bouys to the channel and and felt this was the best course out. Unfortunately it was not. He was stuck several times, but with the serious power he had in this Sonic and the drives aimed to the moon he successful made it to our channel. He then went out of our harbor and right out our channels to the lake. This was almost a full circle he followed to get out. I could only hope that he did not damage his hardware too much. It was a VERY nice rig.

Its one thing to be stupid and leave a big wake, its another thing to make an unfortunate decision.

But atleast he surviced! So if anyone knows him let him know I was on my way out to help!!!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was gonna try the channel after he went through but I couldnt make it under the low bridge!

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Yikes! That doesn't look fun!

Your boat is lookin' awesome!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ken,

I don't even take the work boat to where that guy was. All he had to do was take a line from the old Garwoods channel near Blue Lagoon's hoist well straight out to our first set of buoys and He would have been allright.

There is an old channel that runs along the Conger Bay Dr. shoreline but since it hasn't been used in ages it is mostly silted in and you need to know where to go. The bay is a lot deeper than it has been though.

Dave

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear ya Dave!

That is what I was going pass along to him, and unfortunately by the time I went all the way around he was heading up the harbor channel and then out to the lake!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ken,

He was doing OK until he got about halfway down the street and decided to venture out from shore. He ended up in about a foot and a half to two and a half feet of water. Plus the fact that he was probably mired in weeds to boot.

It must have seemed like a good idea at the time.

Dave

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
I've not been there, but can't imagine why hugging the shoreline would seem like a good idea. Especially in unfamiliar waters.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can kind of see what this guy may have been thinking.....Looking out and seeing channel marks that lead in a southerly direction to a safe harbor, then looking down the shore and seeing some of the boats moored/hoisted, then seeing a gap between the sea wall and the shore to our harbor...........I can kind of guess this may have been the though process, but then again....its all speculation on my part. I just hope the boat survivied!

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
QUOTE(sunsation98 @ Jul 1 2009, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This was pretty much the path that was taken.

I took my inflatable that exact path a couple years ago and got that stuck...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts