Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go ahead, use your imagination. Here is the requisition from "fedbizopps.gov" and its purpose.

Jim
---------------------------

"The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) intends to purchase sixty Remington Model 870 Police RAMAC #24587 12 gauge pump-action shotguns for the Criminal Investigation Division. The Remington parkerized shotguns, with fourteen inch barrel, modified choke, Wilson Combat Ghost Ring rear sight and XS4 Contour Bead front sight, Knoxx Reduced Recoil Adjustable Stock, and Speedfeed ribbed black forend, are designated as the only shotguns authorized for IRS duty based on compatibility with IRS existing shotgun inventory, certified armorer and combat training and protocol, maintenance, and parts."

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&amp...amp;au=&ck=

-----------------------------

What! No choke inserts or polychoke?

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Hey, whatever it takes to get Rangel to pay his taxes!

Or, perhaps we now really know what Granholm meant by "blown away"!

I motion this is a good time to change the name from "Service" to "Enforcement." IRE

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Feb 3 2010, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>At least they have good taste in a reasonably priced defense shotgun.

I used to use an 870 chambered for a 3" shell with a 30" full choke barrel for duck and geese. It was a very reliable gun no matter how many shells I put through it in a day. And when you hunt with some of the friends I did who couldn't hit a duck if it was sitting on a post, I put a lot of shells through it. That gun cost me about $350 back in the early 70s. Now days you can get one for under $1000 easily I would guess. But I have a hunch that the ones the IRS is buying will cost a good $6000 each. Just a guess. But, what do they need them for? Doesn't the FBI take care of any enforcement work that needs to be done?

Jim

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Old Man of the Sea @ Feb 3 2010, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Feb 3 2010, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>At least they have good taste in a reasonably priced defense shotgun.

I used to use an 870 chambered for a 3" shell with a 30" full choke barrel for duck and geese. It was a very reliable gun no matter how many shells I put through it in a day. And when you hunt with some of the friends I did who couldn't hit a duck if it was sitting on a post, I put a lot of shells through it. That gun cost me about $350 back in the early 70s. Now days you can get one for under $1000 easily I would guess. But I have a hunch that the ones the IRS is buying will cost a good $6000 each. Just a guess. But, what do they need them for? Doesn't the FBI take care of any enforcement work that needs to be done?

Jim

I believe the IRS has its own enforcement division in seperate of the FBI and ATF.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Feb 4 2010, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Powerboat1 @ Feb 4 2010, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Give the agents all the protection they need against bad guys. Whatever it takes to keep those men and women safe. As long as we and they remember Waco.
The IRS?

The IRS has a Tactical Unit for certain enforcement operations. It is not a big unit but is involved in some high risk/joint operations. I am not talking about the agents you get audited by. And I know the IRS was not involved in Waco. But I hope we and all govt law enforcement remember that tragic event.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.