Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told this a.m. that it has been reported but not yet verified,..that someone caught a 4lb Perch over by cotton road!!...Has anyone else heard this?? Man, if that's true,...what a TOAD!!!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
mac,

4 lbs?!?!?!?!?! thats huge. if thats true i am going to take up perch fishing
whats the current record for perch right now?

madman himself

·
Registered
76 Posts
I heard the same story too. I think they said it was brought into Lakeside tackle to be weighed. That sucker had to be 24" to weigh that much!!! YIKES, get out the spears boys!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
The world record perch was caught in 1865 in the Delaware river 4 lbs 3ozs the michigan state record is 3.75 lbs 21 inches caught in 1947 lake Independence Marquette, MI. This info was in the michigan D.N.R. web sight . If the story is true there would be a new state record !

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
That would be awesome....I know with the lack of ice that we have had in the late 90's early 00's that the perch have had a few extra years to grow......I have caught some monsters while bass fishing.

I will ask Captain Dan from Lakeside when I see him on Wednesday at Ford Field and report back.

Mini

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the "Lakeside Fishing Report" is where the info came from.....and you're right,..I've caught some huge perch while bass fishin'....a 4lbr would be awesome....if it were my fish,..I'd make every attempt to keep it alive and make a bee-line to BPS to put it in the tank!! A fish like that needs to be "displayed"...and not "fileted"...ahahahaha

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I heard today that it weighed in at 3 and 1/4 pounds

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I went to the Boat and Fishing Show this afternoon and I asked Dan from Lakeside about it and he said that a big perch being caught like that was news to him. He is not sure who started the rumor but he was quite amused by it. I bet it increased the traffic in his store some. Hmmmmm??

Jim

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No kiddin??!!...The guy that told me about it said he heard it on Lakeside's fishing report,..and he calls that number EVERY day!!..ahahaaha....Ohwell,..a 3.5lb 17" perch is a TOAD regardless....even if it isn't a state record....man that's the size of a walleye,...I would @#$ my pants if I caught a perch that big!!! UNREAL!!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Dan and I talked today about it. The perch never came in the store. The report was called in and the guy never showed up to have the fish weighed.

Mini

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well there we have it folks!!..."Another Fish story!!"..
LOL

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
or Roland Martin!!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
You know what they say about hoe to tell when a fisherman is lying dont you?

Watch his/her lips real close.....when they move, they are lying!

Mini

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
You can't see my lips right now. I think I remember catching a 13 lb smallmouth yesterday through the ice on the Grand River in the bottomless hole. NEW WORLD RECORD!!! I think I weighed it at the local tackle shop. You know the one... Somebody, please announce this on the Bass Fishing Home Page, will you?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DUUUUDE,..That's AWESOME!!..WHAT a PIG!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts