Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Raytheon radar dome, and then I got a Raymarine c80 chart plotter with radar and everything. I was wondering if the raytheon antenna would be compatible with the C80. Also, if it would be compatible is there any kind of adapter for the connector that would fit the radar?

I found one on eBay but im not sure.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Raymarine-o...essoriesQ5fGear

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
QUOTE(iLLuZiiOn x @ Nov 28 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I got a Raytheon radar dome, and then I got a Raymarine c80 chart plotter with radar and everything. I was wondering if the raytheon antenna would be compatible with the C80. Also, if it would be compatible is there any kind of adapter for the connector that would fit the radar?

I found one on eBay but im not sure.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Raymarine-o...essoriesQ5fGear

Talk to Larry @ L&M Marine (586) 725-1338, he is a Raymarine dealer.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(iLLuZiiOn x @ Nov 28 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Another question....Anyone know where i can buy Pre-made instrument panels?
Convincor made one for his Searay.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 09/09
205 Posts
We can make custom dash panels for your boat. Also about Raytheon Scanner Compatibily with your C-80.

Here is information from Raymarine Website:

C and E-Series MFD compatibility with legacy Pathfinder scanners

Question
I would like to upgrade my existing Pathfinder radar display to a C-Series or E-Series Multifunction Display. Is my existing Pathfinder radar scanner compatible with the C-Series or E-Series Multifunction Display?

Answer
Many existing Pathfinder radome and open-array radar scanners can be used with C-Series Classic and E-Series Classic Multifunction Displays (MFDs). C-Series Widescreen MFDs and E-Series Widescreen MFDs are not compatible with Pathfinder radome and open array radar scanners. Some older scanners, will not be compatible and will need to be replaced. All existing open-array scanners will need an interunit cable split adapter to function with C-Series Classic or E-Series Classic MFDs.

You can use the serial number on your radar scanner to determine whether or not it is compatible with C-Series Classic MFDs or E-Series Classic MFD according to the following table:

Product ----- Production Year ---- Serial Number Date Range ---- Compatibility Notes

2 kW Radome----Prior to mid-May 2003----Prior to 0530157----Not compatible with C or E-Series.
Mid-May 2003 to present----From 0530158 and up----100% C-Series Classic and E- Series Classic
MFD compatible.

4 kW Radome----Prior to mid-May 2003----Prior to 0530246----Not compatible with C or E-Series
Mid-May 2003 to present----From 0530247 and up----100% C-Series Classic and E-Series Classic
MFD compatible

4 kW Open Array----Prior to mid-December 2003----Prior to S/N 1230143----Not compatible with C or E-Series.
Mid-December 2003 to Present----From 1230144 and up----100% C-Series Classic and E-Series
Classic MFD compatible. Interunit
cable adapter required.

10 kW Open Array----Prior to April 2003----Prior to 0430001----Not compatible with C or E-Series.
April 2003 to present----From 0430002 and up----100% C-Series Classic and E-Series Classic
MFD compatible. Interunit cable adapter
required.

Understanding Raymarine Serial Numbers
Every Pathfinder series radar scanner has a serial number associated with it. In most instances, the serial number will be printed on a white decal attached to the internal electronics core of the scanner. The serial number may also be located on warranty registration card in your scanner Owner's handbook, or on the UPC bar code attached to the scanner's original shipping box. The serial number consists of two parts:

The model number of the scanner
A seven build-date sequence number.
The first three digits of the build-date sequence number contains the month and year the scanner was manufactured. The remaining four digits represent the sequence number of your scanner within all scanners produced during that month. For example, lets say we have a scanner with serial number M92650 0530299. It would decode like this:

M92650-Raymarine's model number for a 2kW radome scanner
053-The month and year of manufacture. 05=May and 3=2003
0299-the build sequence number. This scanner was the 299th 2kW radome scanner produced this month and year.

L & M Marine, Inc.
49090 Jefferson Avenue
New Baltimore, MI 48047
(586) 725-1338 (office)
(586) 725-7993 (fax)
(586) 615-3494 (mobile)
[email protected] (email)
http://www.landmmarine.net/ (website)
Check us out at the following link to marinas.com
http://marinas.com/view/marina/4594

·
LSCN Sponsor since 09/09
205 Posts
I also have a source for the burlwood panel material. I can fab up the dash panels you are looking for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts