Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to take my best little buddy, Stymie to the vet today and I don't think he'll be coming home with me. He is having a hard time breathing, getting around, eating and drinking. He had surgery a couple months ago for gall stones (second time) and ever since he has just been going down hill.

We've had stymie for 15 years now and I've been thinking about this day on and off since his first surgery several years ago. Now I think the time has finally arrived.

I'm so sad and have not been looking forward to this day but I can't stand to see him suffer any more.

I don't think I'll ever get another dog. I don't think I can go through this again!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Top Gun, I'm so sorry to hear this
You were fortunate to have him for 15 yrs. and that makes it harder to part with him. I have been there and know the pain you are feeling. Give him big hugs and remember your best buddy always.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Im dreading the day that I will have to make that choice for my dog Duke. So sorry to here about your little buddy.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I feel so guilty.
It's like I'm planning his demise and he doesn't even know. He has no say in the matter.
How am I supposed to tell my little girl?
Sometimes, life just sucks!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Sorry to here about your dog!!!!Its always hard to lose a pet. Iwould get another dog, they always bring happiness where ever they go!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Top Gun @ Jul 18 2003, 08:05 AM)I feel so guilty.
It's like I'm planning his demise and he doesn't even know. He has no say in the matter.
How am I supposed to tell my little girl?
Sometimes, life just sucks!
It is the most hurtful thing to do....Do something special with him...Hold him, hug him...give him his favorite treat.

I put my dog to sleep in Dec. and I am not over it.....I still cry and miss her
Remember the good times.

Tell your daughter there is doggie heaven and the Angles will take care of your dog.......

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this... Be strong for you family... I had to put 3 of my best friends to sleep. My collie and 2 Bichons. The Bichons were 3 months apart.. I heald each animal in my arms at the Vet's and talked nice words to them as the Vet gave them the shot... I talked and pettedthem until their end.. Then cried my eyes out... I swore never ever to get another dog and now we have 2 Yorkies that I just love to death.
I'm sorry that you have to do this but rest assured that your helping your pet to get over it's suffering...

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Top Gun, our hearts go out to you. We understand your pain.

"We never lose our dear friends, they live on in our hearts and memories forever."

That was from a card our vet sent us after having to send a loved companion on.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts

I just logged on two minutes ago and there is so much sad news in here today...another tough thing to go through Top Gun, and it hurts - I know. Sorry about your dog.......

·
Registered
487 Posts
Top Gun, Sorry for your impending bad news, I had to put down my 7 year old Blue point siamese awhile ago and it was one of the toughest times of my life, especially because we can't feel their pain or know what they are thinking. However, you got to do what's right for them, not us, and don't say you'll never get another dog, pets are the greatest, they don't carry a tenth of the BS people do, and what they bring to our lives, you can't find anywhere. They teach us the real meaning of love and loyalty and respect. I remember all my pets I've lost, and even though the pain at the time is rough, it's the good times that shine in my eyes. Right now, I've gotten 2 new Siamese Blues to replace my last one because just one couldn't do the job. I'm thinking of renaming them Al & Quaida because they are definately the Terrorists of Harper Woods.

Talk to your kids, think of the good times and what he brought to you and yours and help him the best you can move on without suffering anymore.
Just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Sorry about the news. It was very hard for me to put down my dog two years ago. He was an excellent Rottweiler but was diagnosed with Cancer. Only 6 yrs old. Tried 3 diff't Chemo drugs, but none worked. I know what you mean about planning his end....we took Zeus to his favorite park just before going to the vet. It will be very hard to say "it's time."

Remember...you are his master and he expects you to know what is best!!! I felt horrible, but was also relieved he was not suffering anymore.

As far as getting another puppy, I understand your thoughts. We tried to adopt another Rott 2 months after putting Zeus down. It was WAY to early. The rescue was happy to take him back. Havn't got a new pup yet. But we as will you know when the time is right.

Stay strong and know your puppy will always love you!!!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You peeps are the greatest! Thanks for the support. And I probably will wind up getting another dog just like most of you have recommended.

Thanks guys

G

·
i',m sorry for your pending loss!
i feel for ya.
i've gad to put down my 2 oldest cats within the last 5 months.
i miss them .
the house isnt the same with out them.
i hope things turn out well for you both.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts