Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy, whom I have been helping for the last two weeks with crap, cause $h!t has gone wrong for him. Whether it has been his Dad in the hospital or the builders screwing up things for his move in date. The poor guy has been going through HELL the past two weeks.

After moving a majority of his stuff in last night, he had to take his beagle into the vet...he had cronic back and hip problems. They woke today and he couldn't walk, basically dragging he rear hind.

The vet couldn't do anything due to the severity and age...they had to put him under.

He was a good puppy

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Putting a pet down I think is the hardest....because they don't know what is wrong and why things go the way they do.

We had to put our Rottweiler down 3 months after we found he had cancer, only 6 years old. He went from very healthy to disgustingly sick
We still miss him very much.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I had to put down both our dogs due to medical problems that could not be treated. I held each one in my arms as they went to sleep. It was one of the hardest things I had to ever go through. My heart goes out to your friends.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I am so sorry for your friend, that is a terrible thing tio have to do. I had to do twice last year and still cannot talk about it. Just thinking about it now makes me cry. I hope that your friend is OK.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Loosing a pet is so hard. They have such a sweet innocence (yet can get away with being a stinker) about them and unconditional love.
It's heartbreaking to have to say goodbye.
All you can do is love them the best you can and do right by them.
Remember, we're all Gods creatures. I like to think of my babies that have passed on living in a peaceful place free from pain.

J.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I had to put my german shepherd to sleep in Dec. and I AM not over it.......she was only 5! It sucks is all I can say. She was a kick @$$ dog......she played, played and played with the kids.....Just a super friendly dog. I'm gonna cry

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend. When it rains. . .it pours. I've had to put down two in my life time. . .won't go thru it again. . .just damn well don't like the feeling. . .B.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Ooohhhh, now I am crying. I hate to hear of things like this. Although, it makes me think of how much I love our two cats, the "girls", and whenever I think of something like this I go and give them a BIG HUG!

·
Registered
179 Posts
My dad came home from work yesterday and his dog, a giant schnauzer, was dead in the living room. He was only 8. My dad is pretty much heartbroken, but luckily he has another dog who will turn one on monday. She's been carrying around her buddies collar since he died, so my dad put it on her and she seems to really like it. It's great having pets, but it's sad that they don't live as long as us.

G

·
i had to do that last month,
just a couple of weeks after getting bits
twinkie just got sick,& she seemed to lose the battle so quickly.
by the time i got her to the vet monday morning the damage was done . she had a stroke or aheart attack ,that caused some brain damage.
i wouldnt be able to keep her at her previous quality of life, so i had to ....
i'm still missing her !
to everyone thats lost afurry friend, it does get better.
thats what i keep telling myself.
the other 2 cats keep me so busy with all thier antics,
i dont have time to think about it
good luck all
keith

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Dude sorry to hear that !
I dread the day my buddy gets sick ! (dog)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ May 16 2003, 02:00 PM)Dude sorry to hear that !
laughing... why did you have to clarify "dog?"

Were you afraid we'd think it was your other buddy?????

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ May 16 2003, 01:02 PM)QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ May 16 2003, 02:00 PM) Dude sorry to hear that !
laughing... why did you have to clarify "dog?"

Were you afraid we'd think it was your other buddy?????

well just that fact that you said it ! show whyt i said it !

you peeps do not have the most innocent of minds !
i aw aware of that

1 - 17 of 17 Posts