Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... bag your own groceries? i've seen places where the customer is required to bag their own, but when i go to farmer jack's or kroger or what have you, i REFUSE to bag my own. not to be a snob, but that's what they're being paid to do, right? so why should i do their job? i don't expect them to do mine.

also... doesn't it crack you up when you buy, say, nine items and you walk out with, like, SEVEN bags!??! lmao!!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
where do you go where they make you bag them? lol. that's crazy.
at VG's here in new baltimore, they even carry them out to your CAR for you..how's that for service?

i hate grocery shopping though. absolutely hate it.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i stopped into 'aldos' (i think the name of it is) on gratiot south of 15 and they make you bring in your own bags and boxes!

it's just that i notice a lot more people nowadays bagging their own stuff, and i'm like, 'hell no! i'm not at work here!'

i love grocery shopping!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I have to bag my own groceries and that is by choice. It is the obsessive compulsive in me. I figure that if I bag them and if anything gets squished, well its my fault and I don't have anyone to blame but myself. Plus I like taking extra grocery bags while I am bagging because I use them when I scoop out my cat's litter box.

Also.....I am the person who brings all of the stray carts in the parking lot to the proper place because I am afraid of door dings and P-29 would KILL me if I got one of those.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Then you must REALLY hate those U-SCAN machines where you ring-up your own groceries.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually, i dig those.

yeah, mrs p29... i do the same!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jan 19 2004, 03:13 PM)i stopped into 'aldos' (i think the name of it is) on gratiot south of 15 and they make you bring in your own bags and boxes!

it's just that i notice a lot more people nowadays bagging their own stuff, and i'm like, 'hell no! i'm not at work here!'

i love grocery shopping!

You have to bring in your own bags???? No thank you!! I always wondered what that place was like and now I am glad that I did not make the trip.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
What irritates me is that if there is obviously nobody available to bag, and the person is just standing there with checkbook in hand letting 273 items build up at the end of the checkout and lets the cashier bag - still without helping - the entire thing after it's rung up...

oh, I hate those people!! Are they too good to help out or what? And think of the people in line behind you waiting too, for crying out loud!

just venting... that is a big peeve of mine!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
QUOTEsurfergirlck Posted on Jan 19 2004, 03:13 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i stopped into 'aldos' (i think the name of it is) on gratiot south of 15 and they make you bring in your own bags and boxes!

Yeah, I live right by that place...........didn't like it much. Small
selection & bringing your own boxes or bags is a pain. <_<

Have not been back.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I hate grocery shopping....ok I hate most shopping. So if I'm in a hurry like normal I'll help bag just to get the he!! out of there quicker. Keep in mind that I wait until my cupboards and fridge are EMPTY then I go and stock up with about $300 worth. It would take the poor bagger forever by them selves and it would hold up the people behind me.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jan 19 2004, 03:24 PM)What irritates me is that if there is obviously nobody available to bag, and the person is just standing there with checkbook in hand letting 273 items build up at the end of the checkout and lets the cashier bag - still without helping - the entire thing after it's rung up...
thank goodness i'm usually in for only about $30 worth!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Completely agree with you Pauline!! Drives me crazy mainly when I have Aiden who is tried of sitting still in the cart. Once you have a baby you really start to see how awful people can be. And another things who writes check anymore with debit cards!!!?!?! Ok sorry.

·
Registered
336 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jan 19 2004, 03:24 PM)What irritates me is that if there is obviously nobody available to bag, and the person is just standing there with checkbook in hand letting 273 items build up at the end of the checkout and lets the cashier bag - still without helping - the entire thing after it's rung up...

oh, I hate those people!! Are they too good to help out or what? And think of the people in line behind you waiting too, for crying out loud!
Very well said Pauligan! If there's no one bagging then hell yeah I bag my own. I hate grocery shopping and just want to get out of the store as quick as possible. Why make the 5 people behind me wait for the cashier to scan, ring me up, and bag when I can just bag. No one ever asks me, I just do it because that's what I want to do.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(Amielou @ Jan 19 2004, 03:38 PM)And another things who writes check anymore with debit cards!!!?!?!
Amen!! Check writers drive me NUTZ!! Especially when it is only for a few items. At least have the courtesy to have all except the amount filled out ahead of time!!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
OMG!! Checkbooks!! To each his/her own... but I just don't get it! ?????

SOOOO time consuming and outdated....

agreed... if you are going to use it, at least fill it all out while you are watching your stuff being rung up!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jan 19 2004, 03:48 PM)OMG!! Checkbooks!! To each his/her own... but I just don't get it! ?????

SOOOO time consuming and outdated....

agreed... if you are going to use it, at least fill it all out while you are watching your stuff being rung up!

agreed, too!!

checkbooks at the grocers stink!

·
Registered
226 Posts
If no one is around, I'll bag to get out as quick as I can.

I like Mary Jane's setup. We've got none of that around here.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I like to use the U-scan most of the time-

I will bag if needed- actually my kids like to help also-

I figure that it's not the cashier's fault that he/she doesn't have a bagger.........they don't do the schedule.... the management does.....so I don't mind helping out.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I guess I'll also add that I LOVE to grocery shop............I'm wierd.........I also coupon cut & shop on sale.
It drives me crazy to pay full price for stuff when you can get it sooo much cheaper. I usually save atleast $20-$30 every time I shop

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jan 19 2004, 03:06 PM)... bag your own groceries? i've seen places where the customer is required to bag their own, but when i go to farmer jack's or kroger or what have you, i REFUSE to bag my own. not to be a snob, but that's what they're being paid to do, right? so why should i do their job? i don't expect them to do mine.

also... doesn't it crack you up when you buy, say, nine items and you walk out with, like, SEVEN bags!??! lmao!!
I HATE that!!! I'll tell the kid packing to knock it off and fill the damn bag up! And I have no problem doin' my own, as I had that job when I was a kid, and it brings back some good memories! BTW, no plastic back then!

Another of my pet peeves is at the deli counter, (Farmer Jack is where I go), they put your schtuff into these nice ziploc bags, then roll the bags up and put the sticker over to hold it closed? Why can't they 'zip' up the bag? I gotta stand there, carefully unstick the barcode sticker, and zip up the bag??

And how come in Michigan you can't buy beer before noon on Sundays? Like this is gonna make me want to go to church instead?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts