Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just wanted to post something here for people to be looking out for a green and white plano fishing box. It has my name, Vince M, written in text on the back. It was stolen out of my dads car on monday or tuesday. But if in any case that ive left it somewhere, please let me know and ill give you a reward. Money, lures whatever we'll work it out. Its unlikely that anyone here will ever come in contact with it. But if you see an old looking Plano box with a black string for a handle, (the real one broke) just take it and dont ask any questions. I invested so much money in that it makes me sick. Now I dont even know where to start. Well, its time to get started over again...

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Sorry about your loss... been there. And know too many others who have too.

Check out craigslist and ebay, for the next few months.

I know a few people who got their stuff back, found for sale on those sites. Typical theives need money, so they will purge their haul at some point.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Ouch! Been there. That sucks

·
Registered
33 Posts
What kind of tackle did you have in it. The reason I ask is I have some old crankbaits, tubes, jig heads, and other bass tackle laying around in my basement if your intrested.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Geez i had almost all i wanted,huskys,hawgtails,mepps,DTs,worms you know a little bit of everything, mostly for bass or pike. Im not asking for a handout. I mean if you want to i wouldnt mind haha ill give you a few bucks of course. I did hit a few stores and got some nice stuff like the new perch xrap that produced a couple nice fish. But thatd b cool if you wanted meet up, fish and exchange sometime

·
Registered
33 Posts
So sorry but I should have made the post when I got home. I gave all my extras to my brother in law last summer. I completely forgot about that. Again sorry.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
QUOTE(mikes193 @ Jun 18 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So sorry but I should have made the post when I got home. I gave all my extras to my brother in law last summer. I completely forgot about that. Again sorry.

OUCH! don't kick the dude when he's down! lol j/k I know you meant well, that's too bad, it would have been a good start/help anyways.

Vince, that just sucks - omg my blood pressure rocketed when I read that, it just makes me sick that there are so many people that think nothing of stealing (prolly thought oh no biggie just tackle, little do they know how much it means to us). I hope that no true fisherman would buy any tackle from a questionable source, but I'm sure somehow it happens. I will definitely be watching for any suspicious sales like that, I'd like to get those mutha u-know-what's LOCKED UP!

Any chance of a homeowner's or auto insurance claim? Not sure of the value of your loss, but any little bit helps...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
wow, that does suk vinnie. sorry about your loss also. i hope they snag themselves with your lures.

and the crooks who took it will get maybe 10 bux for your box which is B.S.
ive seen garage sales with about 20 crankbaits, and 10 lipless for 10 bux before.

if you like spinner baits, i know they arent the greatest, but walmart has some for a dollar each.
i catch quite a few the cheap-o's myself.

GL Vinnie, hope you get your gear back, with a little bloody spot from the __ __ __ who took your stuff!!!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hey vinnie, if your interested, ill donate a 3 tray plano tackle box thats brand new which has never been used. I got it for Christmas last year and have no intention of using it, as I fish outta BPS storage boxes. I know how much it sucks to have stuff ganked from ya. PM me if your interested. GL on your search for the rest.

tackle not included of course...

Automotive lighting Rectangle Electronic device Machine Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Grab that box, then send me a PM with a mailing address, I'll send some soft plastics to help you fill it.
Anybody else have some odd and ends they don't mind parting with, speak up here.
Let's show what kind of sportsmen and sportswomen we are and help a fellow fisherman out.

·
Registered
958 Posts
D*mn dude I'm sorry to hear that. I've been there too and it really sucks. It happened to me when I was a teenager & working a summer job just to buy tackle. I lost a whole summers worth of work in that box.........

I'll dig around, see what I have and PM you. Don't worry about the $$ either. As far as I'm concerned it's money well spent to keep an active member here fishing.

Good luck on the search and I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I've got some spinner baits that i'll never use, some of them are still in the package. I usually fish for musky or pike and these spinner baits have the open end where you attach the line. If I use a leader the snap sometimes rides up the arm towards the spinners fowling up the spinners; This just aggrivates the hell out of me. Anyways you are more than welcome to have them. Send me a PM with your mailing address or meet me at the lake. I'm always there on Sundays and Mondays, unless there is a hurricane or something.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
lmao junkster, i have ton of those spinners LOL

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow thanks for all these offers everyone, its great. I have money to replace the neccesities (snap beans and such) so at least i can get my line wet still. Maybe i should walk under the pier at brandenburg and collect all the jigs i lost casting under the dock this year haha. But thanks again for your kindness.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts