Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The American Bass Anglers - South East Michigan District Open will be held on Lake St. Clair on September 28th.

Open Draw Trail Format.
5 Fish weigh-in
$55.00 entry fee
$5.00 big bass option pot.

Please e-mail me for More Information.

Or visit us at www.americanbassanglers.com

·
Registered
927 Posts
come one, come all. this is a good trail and i honeslty believe you will all have a good time. this club is full of good people. the kind of people you want to hang out and spend time with even after the weigh in is over.

bring on the big shooters, bring on the newcomers. anything is possible when fishing a draw format. i guarantee a good time, and the fact that you will meet some good folks.

step right up, dont be shy. nothing better than enjoying the pond on a cool sept morning. especailly when you have a shot at winning some dough.

but thats not the important part here, what is important is enjoying the lake one last time, or maybe not the last time, but any time spent on lsc is well worth it. use this as an excuse to get out one more time if you have to.

i will say it again, I GUARANTEE A GOOD TIME!

be there

madman himself

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(madman24 @ Aug 25 2003, 07:05 PM)i will say it again, I GUARANTEE A GOOD TIME!
I hope you can predict the weather....lol.....

Mini

·
Registered
927 Posts
[/QUOTE]weather permitting of course

5 alive,

depending on turn out, everyone should be able to be paired up. boaters do have the option to ride alone as long as it will not affect a non boater. but as long as everyone has a ride, boaters can go out alone. but if a boater doesnt want to go alone and there are no more coanglers available, two boaters can go in the same boat if they come to an agreement on which boat to use.

our district is about 70% boaters and 30% non boaters. there are always a few guys who go alone. some of us prefer to, others just dont get drawn by a co angler. in the end, it all works out.

madman himself

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to Madman for answering all the questions.

Madman is correct there will not be any membership fees.

I suspect we will be about 90 + % Boaters for this event.

You must be 16 years old to participate!

Boats must be 16 foot minimum.

However we do award points to all ABA members who participate in this event. If your an ABA member you will recieve points towards the 2004 season. This will help you to win one of our 3 TR21 Triton Bass Boats we will be giving away.

Hope to see you all there!

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Oh jeez! It's POWER-LOADING police crawling out of the wood work.

Hey! How's this!?! Remember, DON'T MAKE WAKES NEAR OTHER BOATS!

G

·
QUOTE(djkimmel @ Aug 28 2003, 09:28 PM)Oh jeez! It's POWER-LOADING police crawling out of the wood work.

Hey! How's this!?! Remember, DON'T MAKE WAKES NEAR OTHER BOATS!
100ft per law.
Stop fishing in marked channels
some boats NEED them as a neccesity for SAFE navigation.
Dont need boats in the middle of them sitting there.
The lake is alot bigger than just the area's inside the channel bouys

·
Registered
440 Posts
WRONG!, Dude Goo. You are responsible for any damage that your wake causes.

...and how about building better ramps so that those who are able, can speed up the loading process. This NO POWER LOADING is a bunch of hooey. If a 40' boat can safely launch and load at a ramp, then a twenty foot bass boat is not going to cause any damage to the end of that ramp.

A new ramp was just built in the last couple of years on Jefferson near Crocker road. Were firms contacted or consulted that build the ramps down South--where they ENCOURAGE power loading to speed up the process? If ramps are built like they should in this day and age, then power loading isn't a problem. Why should we insist on anything less?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
It is NOT illegal to fish in a marked channel. There is no law against this. I have posted the actual regulations on this site several times before. The foremost regulation of all is one that says regardless of all other laws and regulations, and other boaters behavior, ALL boaters are required to avoid collision and ALL boaters are ALWAYS responsible for their own wake.

You should read the laws before you start trying to be the enforcer. Why would you come out of the blue while we are enjoying ourselves talking about fishing and start preaching to a choir that isn't even yours? You want to preach to the choir, preach to your own on the boater side about obeying the laws that cover you and are in your personal control. There's more of us on this 'side' of the board that know and obey the laws much better than those on your 'side' of the board.

I've stayed off your side a long time because you all say you all know the regulations and follow them like angels. I'm willing to go with that despite what I see on the big lake week after week.

We have more important and fun things to do anyway than go to your 'side' of the board and preach to you guys. You want to improve on the ramps, demand that they are build better. That's the ONLY way they will be better. I guarantee it. We are almost the only major boating state in the country with this problem.

You want boating to be safer on the lake, set a good example always and preach to those you know and hang out with. Don't butt in on people you barely know or don't know at all, and tell them what to do. The only thing that will get you is an education on the real regulations as they are written, not as boaters who've never read them assume they are to fit their perceptions on things. BTW, it is NOT illegal to have your motor in gear on your trailer on a posted ramp. That is not the definition of powerloading.

If you want to push this issue, I'm too darn busy fishing right now to post the regulations again for the 3rd, 4th or 5th time, but I will later this fall. You can find them on the history by searching for them if you don't want to wait and want to see what the regulations actually are.

That's the long version. Here's the short version. Mind your own business and don't butt into threads with unrelated, troublemaking, negative posts. Very rude.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Not only is there NO regulation saying that you can't fish in channels, there is certainly no regulation that says boaters must be able to go full speed through a channel throwing a four foot wake. If there are boats fishing in a channel, then show some courtesy and slow down, off plane if you have to. You have no right swamp small boats just because you think you have to get to Gull Island NOW. The beer will still be cold if you get there a couple of minutes later.

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright ---- Enough said .....lol

Now lets get back to talking Bass Fishing!

Thanks alot Dan for setting the record straight.

Hope to see you on St. Clair for the Open.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Guys dont get upset, Mahn Gravee is a joke....he is not real. Just someone pulling your chain.

Mahn Gravee, get out oif this room and STAY OUT. Get back to the General Discussion board and STAY THERE.

Mini

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
FYI, I have been added as a moderstor for this board now......

Please keep it clean and fun....we will all get along - OR ELSE! - lol

Mini

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.