Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First! The true leader of the BRB is Paul (Cap't Pegleg)

Paul came to me with the idea of a bus and then found one, I said let's do it!

Second, The reason we do it??? We love to party! No other agenda......yes, I put my sign on the bus....I want to deduct it as a business expense....advertising......I am the TAXMAN after all, and with my sign in the front everyone remembers my name.
I try to touch as many lives as possible.
I have given away over 2000 tickets to DTE this summer.

Why no LSCN bumper stickers on the bus? Easy...to protect the group! Not always, but sometimes I open the invitation to all. If something bad did happen (Knock WOOD) I could see someone saying that the LSCN is responsible if we had LSCN all over the bus with a special "pinned" section for the BRB. The people who profit from BRB could be attacked....an attorney could say that the group profited from the bus in advertising......can't let that happen! That's why the bus is free.....we cannot be a commercial enterprise!

I know I have said it before but.....
Thanks to Rob and Mike and all the rest for LSCN!
Thanks for letting me invite people on the board!
Thanks, but no thanks for the thought of a "pinned" section!
***for your protection***

With LSCN permission....I would love to put LSCN bumper stickers on the BRB.

I'm sorry if my invitaions conflict with any LSCN functions, If I do post something that could in any way hurt the group please delete it ASAP! It is never my intention to compete or hurt the advertising sales of LSCN! I love you guys!

A SPECIAL Thanks to Steve the BRB driver!

See you all Saturday!

Thanks again!
Taxman

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Man, you really know how to cover yours (and our) @$$es.

I have yet to experience a "Big Red Bus Trip".

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(DawnieDawn @ Oct 3 2003, 04:07 PM)Best idea ever! Opening day...Fleetwood Mac! Good times, good times! Gotta luv the bus!!

Any tickets for the Eagles yet??
Sure! I can forward you my season ticket holder offer! I'm not going to the show. Please e-mail me [email protected] and you can use it. I have the abilty to purchase tixs before they go on sale, if you ever want tickets the best option is to have me order them BEFORE they go on sale!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
THANK YOU Joe, Paul and Steve!!!!

I have had some great times on the bus....Jimmy Buffet was the best time I had seeing him and I didnt even go in the concert!!!!!

THANK YOU!

Mini

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
We all know the BRB ROCKS !

We all appreciate you guys as well !!!!

Thank you for you hospitatlity, and willingness to have fun with people, friends, old and new !

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
QUOTE(Taxman @ Oct 3 2003, 02:54 PM)Second, The reason we do it??? We love to party! No other agenda......
If any of you didn't know Paul and Joe are 2 of the greatest guy you'll ever meet. They put up with a lot of crap and at the end of the day are still
. I'm glad I've gotten to ride the bus in the past and look forward to any bus trips in the future.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Joe, Pegleg you are both so extremely generous. Thanks for a summer full of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have brought us all together for functions, outings, parades, concerts and charity events + more i'm sure i'm forgetting. You have made sure everyone had a place to crash if needed.

I'm sure the cost of runing the BRB is probably more than what we have contributed to the can, thank you for keeping it going!

BRBD, you have been so awesome in many ways, i just want to say thanks again for driving us party animals all over the place.
Looking forward to this weekend!!!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Ditto the above sentiments!!!!

You guys rule!!!! Planning on attending many more functions on the BRB in the future......as long as you'll have me!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
And don't forget to TIP THE DRIVER. If you can afford to go out drinking for the night, you can shell out five or ten dollars for the bus ride. Much like going on someone else's boat, the gas/maintenance/booze does not come out of thin air.

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
The Big Red Bus is where it all started for me. Brown's party last year... showed up solo to Joe's house never meeting anyone from the board. Turned out to be one of the best times of my life! It was all down hill from there.

My personal thanks to Joe, Paul and Steve.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone!
It was not my intention to get any pats on the back!
My intention was to thank the LSCN management for their support for giving me a vehicle to meet many new friends!

It's all pauligans fault!!!! She got me started!
Now I'm on the way to being a post freak!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Taxman @ Oct 3 2003, 03:52 PM)Thanks everyone!
It was not my intention to get any pats on the back!
My intention was to thank the LSCN management for their support for giving me a vehicle to meet many new friends!

It's all pauligans fault!!!! She got me started!
Now I'm on the way to being a post freak!

iTS ALWAYS PAULIAN'S FAULT !
<_<

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
paul & joe rule! thanks you guys for the fun!
big red bus rides again! and again!! and again!!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
My memories so far are the Freesom Rallies and turning it into a fishfly!!!! (Funny no partying on it yet)

I still say it should of taken first place!

Second is good though!

YOU GUYS HAVE A BIG HEART!

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Thanks Paul & Joe for being so generous. I've had alot of fun on that bus too, and always have had a safe trip to and fro because of BRBD. Thanks Again!

The best thing is when we pull into a concert or big event and all the people stare at the bus like "how cool is that?!" And we're the ones who get to be in it ~ We sure are lucky!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Best time I ever had on the bus was going to a pistons game last year. Hardly any LSCNers just a bunch of newbies. Joe's driving and singing his a$$ off and Eddie and I are crackin on the newbies and laughing at our own jokes so hard that tears were streaming down my face, no sound coming from my mouth and I think my heart "literally" stopped. My chest hurt for a couple days. Good times, good memories. Thanks P and J!!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I'm looking forward to my first BRB adventure. The upcomming Cedar Point trip should be a blast.
Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts