Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I am new to this Bulletin Board. You have some interesting topics and I thought I would join in.

The last 2 years (2001 and 2002) I went out at Cotton Road and had some good success ice fishing. But I noticed this year that the police where ticketing people for parking in the lot near the access site and they put up barriers that have the police logo on them in the field at cotton road and Jefferson. I understand that the lot and field are private property and we don't have a right to park there. I assume people became destructive and the local neighbors complained to the police, which I don't blame them. Having people and shanties pulled over your lawn can't be good. I passed by cotton road on Saturday and saw a police car sitting there, I assume to catch illegal parkers. I noticed there were people out on the lake near cotton road. Does anyone know of a legal place to park a car in that area? I have some friends that found another empty lot in that area to park in, but that won't last for long before the police shut that one down too. I would like a legal place to park that doesn't piss anyone off. Maybe the people who are fishing out there are locals who walk out from their homes. I have been going to the DNR access site near Selfridge this year, but I haven't had good luck there. It is a long walk from Selfridge to Cotton Road.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Shaggy,

That has been a problem for years and I dont see it getting any better until people start to respect the home owners in the neighborhood.

Perhaps you could start a drive here to help clean or maintain the property for parking rights....or get to know one of the local homeowners and offer to help them with Fall/Spring projects in exchange for parking rights on their property. I used to that alot on ponds in the area.

Mini

·
Registered
23 Posts
Shaggy,

I spoke with the officer writing tickets and he informed me of the following:

You can park in the small gravel lot that ajoins the party store lot. But do not park on the outside of the no parking signs located on the one telephone pole and on the outside edge of the small grassy area near the gravel lot. Also, do not park in the party store parking lot.

For now he said that the auto place across the street is not complaining about people parking there, but that may change.

All these areas are subject to change but for now this is where you can park.

Jeremy Maranowski
DNR Creel Clerk

[ 01-14-2003, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Jeremy ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts