Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cost of re-newing all my cars liscense plates does.

Oh -- and my sister telling me that I am a complete failure because I am about to be 34 and not married with children and a dog.
But when I was 13, I probably measured sucess the same way.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
hazy, i will be 34 this year and i have never been married, never had kids... how is that so 'unsuccessful?'

i had the longest on-going fight with my mom and it took my aunt to step in and say 'carol (yeah, my mom is a ck, too), these are not the 50's. your daughter is on her own, paying her own way, always has and always does. you should be proud of her for doing that and not chastizing her for NOT getting hitched young and then DIVORCED by 28! the more you hate her for being different from you the more you will drive a stake between you.'

mom woke up, saw a lot more than just that, and things have been good since!

your sister may be unhappy with things in her life that didn't go the way SHE planned and is taking them out on you. don't let it get to you! you have a WONDERFUL thing going ALL the way around, al!
you ROCK! don't you DARE let anyone else tell you otherwise! got it?

strong peeps rock!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
OH! and YES! renewing the plates and insurance SUCKS!!!! loL!

GOOOOOOOOO hazy!!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Now I feel like a dumbass. LOL Cassie reminded me that I was born in 1971 which means that I am about to be 33, not 34.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Jan 23 2004, 11:33 PM)Now I feel like a dumbass. LOL Cassie reminded me that I was born in 1971 which means that I am about to be 33, not 34.

I'm glad she has her act together!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
as long as YOUR happy who cares what other people say.. my parrents and inlaws gave up asking about us having kids id say sure ill have them if you change the diapers everyday let them puke on your shirt and pay for everything including there college.

·
Registered
485 Posts
That is too funny. I did the exact same thing. I keep telling everyone that the big 40 won't bother me a bit, but it still stuck in my mind for quite a while, then my husband reminded me that i was born in '65, so that means I will be 39, not 40 next month........WOOOHOOO!!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Jan 23 2004, 11:33 PM)Now I feel like a dumbass. LOL Cassie reminded me that I was born in 1971 which means that I am about to be 33, not 34.

i was going to say that because i had to think how old i am. i knew you were off a year...

·
Registered
53 Posts

that is too damn funny, man!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Wait a minute.... I'd better check, maybe I'm not turning 40 next month.

<_< <_< <_< Yup top of the hill.

Hazy I agree, 1 1990 car, 1 2003 truck, 1 1987 camper and my drivers license. $437.00 What a birthday present.
He!! I could have gone on a weeklong birthday bender with that money.

·
Registered
141 Posts
When I was younger I always said I would wait until I was 25 before I got married. Well I did eventually get married but I was 47 before the first time. I would never change a thing. I've done more than the average person would do in their life time. It's your life, you decide how you're going to live it. Not someone else.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh I'm fine. It'll be quite a while before I am ready or even able to do the whole M word. Cassie is still quite young. If we stay together it will be another 7 - 10 years. If we don't work out, then it'll be longer.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
I always worry about age and how I look and feel
But I know that I'm not God or nother nature so I can't change anything. Live for today and try to enjoy life.
I often feel old, useless, and worthless. It makes me wonder why my boyfriend even wants to be with me.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Jan 24 2004, 06:15 PM)I always worry about age and how I look and feel
But I know that I'm not God or nother nature so I can't change anything. Live for today and try to enjoy life.
I often feel old, useless, and worthless. It makes me wonder why my boyfriend even wants to be with me.
probally because like everyone else he thinks your a nice person..

·
Registered
6,661 Posts

OMG - Bwahhhhaaaaaa Hazy
LMAO

are you sure you're not a Polack vs Italiano?

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Jan 24 2004, 06:15 PM)I always worry about age and how I look and feel

Kat ~ that is SO not true!!! I could see if you were an old washed up old hag (like my step mom)
, but that's not the case with you.

Look in the mirror - you are a beautiful person!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Jan 24 2004, 06:15 PM)Live for today and try to enjoy life.
I think you are way wrong, Kat!!! Sounds like you need to pamper yourself a bit....do something special for you! We all have those days, but they pass......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts