Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya'gotta love rattle-trap smallies.........NOTHIN' matches seein' smallmouth 2ft+ in the air.....especially around out of towners" who were chuckin' spinnerbaits.
Usually , Well, who in the Hell knows what they will hit and why and when. Change up and often, is the moral 2day.........I'm not new here just figured out how to re-register, Well rid my old id

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think I saw an all-time record today for a smallie. My dad had a smaller one (13") that I swear jumped three feet out of the water. First time I ever felt like I looked "up" at a bass.

·
Registered
927 Posts
the only thing thats beats a smallie jumping out of the water with your lure is a smallie jumping out of the water for your lure.

i have had a few occasions while fishing topwater where the smallies would rocket out of the water about a foot or two and then on top of a spook or spit n image.

Now thats fun

madman himself

·
Registered
371 Posts
Madman,

That is surely a site to see. I had a 4lber last week make a run at a spinner bait i was burning on the to with. He hit the thing from the side and in one motion went airborne. It was a site to see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts